• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

A Few Questions

T3X

ok so first of all, i live in Canada and im having a hell of a time finding a local hobby store that carries anything for my MT V3. if anyone can let me know if they know any that would be great. ok so my questions; remember i r newbie...

im trying to upgrade my intake but not sure what to use. i was thinking of the velocity stack with the quick release by losi using my stock filter because im not sure which to use. not sure if that makes sense but seems pretty cool.

also looking to make a custom exhaust using a cat box, so im wondering what size is that pipe that its using and where can i buy some fittings for it like a 90 degree or a 45 degree.

so my two main things, intake manifold and filter, and exhaust. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

claude bigelow

I used the Zrc aluminum intake from DDM. As far as the air filter, I went with the hpi Baja air filter also picked up at DDM. For the pipe I went with the jetpro side pipe.

G

The Baja filter with an angled shredstack is on of the best options for the MT. Both can be found at DDM.

T3X

alright sounds good so far, as far as the zrc intake i cant find that on ddm. and what about that quick release system? any good or no?

claude bigelow

T3X said:
alright sounds good so far, as far as the zrc intake i cant find that on ddm. and what about that quick release system? any good or no?
Not sure how to attach links like RCdad, but here is a pic of intake with model #

T3X

All right looking good so far. So nows the most important question of all. What fuel ratio should i use. My local hobby shop strongly recommends i use 50:1 fyi i will be using only top grade fuel and oil. So wats ya'll two cents?

Ildy666

25:1 the least u want to run is 32:1.50:1 is way lean.i run klotz oil and vp fuel....

T3X

Alright so some mixed reviews here. So final word is what? 25:1 or 50:1

If it is 25:1 isnt that like seriously alot of oil to gas? Thats twice the amount than 50:1

Sorry guys kinda idiot proof it for me please. Im still learning as i go. Im really green

G

25:1 is all I run.

The oil also helps cool and increases compression in these little two strokes.

Running less oil will not increase performance. It will however, shorten the life of it.

T3X

I figured as much. I just cant seem to figure out why my local shop would tell me 50:1 maybe hes tryna make money off me seeing as this is my first ever rc? Anyone else has anything to say.

Thanks RCDAD

G

Maybe he wants to sell you another motor next month?

You can use oil that states 50:1. You just mix it 5oz to a gallon of gas. That will be very close to 25:1

Silent_chaos

Everybody runs 25:1 unless you want to burn your motor

don't listen to your seller

T3X

alright well ill def run 25:1, now my other question is do iuse 25:1 to break in the motor and also whats the best way to break it in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts