• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

710003 X Series Aluminum Upper Chassis Plate

ChuenouXiao

This plate looks like its also an important upgrade. It brings looks and durability? Tell me your thoughts....

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
If you're keeping the XB on pavement, it's not worth it.
My XB will be on pavement 70% of the time and 20% on grass. 10% on dirt.... So Deluge... does that piece flex? What do you know about this piece on pavement?

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
If you don't jump it, you don't really need it.
Well... the reason I want it Deluge is because of durability and looks. I do some jumps but small ones. Besides I want my XB to look bling bling too.... with all this is it worth it?

G

I've installed it on mine. Nice part. Some times overkill just looks good. :)

G

It's easy. Just a remove and replace part, nothing special to install it.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
It's easy. Just a remove and replace part, nothing special to install it.
How many screws? It's funny RCdad... I completely rebuilt my engine and I'm worried about a simple plate? LOL!

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Well... the reason I want it Deluge is because of durability and looks. I do some jumps but small ones. Besides I want my XB to look bling bling too.... with all this is it worth it?
Well, I'm all about function over form. And to me, that just adds unnecessary weight. But, to each their own.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Well, I'm all about function over form. And to me, that just adds unnecessary weight. But, to each their own.
Deluge... my plan is to install very little aluminum.... only to where it matters for looks and slight durability. I also do know that having aluminum doesn't mean its better.... so I'm not planning to make it all aluminum.... just some parts only....

Last edited by a moderator:
G

That particular part if I remember, is actually lighter than the plastic version.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Deluge... my plan is to install very little aluminum.... only to where it matters for looks and slight durability. I also do know that having aluminum doesn't mean its better.... so I'm not planning to make it all aluminum.... just some parts only....
Fair enough. As long as you're happy with it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts