• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7075RC XBE build.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Fantastic.! Love the all black... Looks rock solid...

Is that the new steering linkage?

John Blaze

I'm pretty sure thats the same steering setup that he's had out for a while but with the spring sleeved I need one of those for mine

krashkrieg

Contributor
John Blaze said:
I'm pretty sure thats the same steering setup that he's had out for a while but with the spring sleeved I need one of those for mine
That's what I said...'Linkage' between servo and 'steering rack'....I hadn't heard that he sleeved it...

krashkrieg

Contributor
Ol said:
Waiting for a new trans/receiver but this is what it looks like so far.
Ol' Fart,

With all that power, you may want to try some Hostile Slicks...I've used those HPI Tarmacs on my XBe and they just don't give the traction that BEAUTIFUL power-house will need..Hostiles are softer and will bite the street much better from what I understand..just my .02 tyring to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

krashkrieg said:
Ol' Fart,With all that power, you may want to try some Hostile Slicks...I've used those HPI Tarmacs on my XBe and they just don't give the traction that BEAUTIFUL power-house will need..Hostiles are softer and will bite the street much better from what I understand..just my .02 tyring to help.
I am using those tires only to test the car. No dirt around me and it keeps the car clean too.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Ol said:
I am using those tires only to test the car. No dirt around me and it keeps the car clean too.
I understand, but on the street those Tarmacs give you NO real traction with 8s powererd 2028...The Hostile slicks Soft will allow you to better see what it can do on pavement...you will be dissapointed with the Tarmacs spinning the wheels everywhere...(sell them new, before you use em).

Ol' fart

krashkrieg said:
That's what I said...'Linkage' between servo and 'steering rack'....I hadn't heard that he sleeved it...
We are working on a new ball joint to remove the last of the slop in the steering assembly. We are just buying the ball joint and pressing it in ourselves, much better fit. securedownload[1] (4).jpg

securedownload[1] (4).jpg

/monthly_2014_05/583c6070ad71b_securedownload1(4).jpg.e3034348bae668d116ddeb4dcd00a330.jpg

Ol' fart

The sleeve is still being tested but so far it's looking good. For those that already have the steering set up I will be selling the sleeve at cost, $3.00

Ol' fart

It's just sitting. We got on some other stuff. The ball we buy is nice and tight so I'm sure it will be good when it's done but I can't say when.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts