• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7075rc chassis/ steering servo mounting

xscrick

Banned
just got mine in mail yesterday, beautiful chassis,, light,,, working on swapping some things over to it,,, how do u mount the steering servo on it,,, flipped redcats aluminum servo mount everyway,,, the servo will not clear the 10mm or so high aluminum center support machined into chassis,,or its to high and hits the center bolt in support on top .. the machined support in chassis runs right down the middle of where the servo has to lay across.........do I have to cut several inches out to get servo to fit in mount??

G

That servo mount doesn't work on the XBE.

xscrick

Banned
this is a xsc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

rcdad,, I don't own the electric version, this if for a xsc ,,,, isn't the 7075rc chassis made for all the x series cars,, just not the xbe,,,,,,,,,???

G

Sorry I stand corrected. I was thinking the chassis braces on the XBE.

G

Do you have a top view pic?

xscrick

Banned
im using the phatcat racing center brace as u can see in pic ,, I did some grinding on to fit the 7075rc chassis,,,,,,, servo mount in stock position, servo cant get high enough to clear the chassis,,, and if u slip it over, it clears the chassis,, but sits to high and wont slide under the center brace,,, phatcat racings brace is same dimension as stock plastic that the chassis was machined for,,, just beefed up,,,,,im guessing I need to get chassis machined with a slot put in it so servo can slide across it,,,,,,,, anyone else have this issue with the 7075rc chassis???

G

In the first pic, it look like you still have room befor it hits the brace.

xscrick

Banned
im guessing either aftermarket servos aren't as wide as stock,,, or I need to get a groove machined to accept a servo,, so it can slide across that center chassis brace machined into chassis,,,,,,,its same thickness are the chassis,, while the servo mount and center brace areas were machined down,,

Ol' fart

The stock servo will not fit. One of the first things people do is throw it away and replace it with a Hitec5755,it fits. You'll have to move the servo up and forward to line it up with one mounting hole then drill another hole using the servo as a guide. I made a small aluminum block to bridge the gap created when you move the servo forward. It bolts onto the old location and provides new mounting holes. Now here is where I screwed up, I didn't include it with the chassis. Not sure if your going to use a hitec 5755 and all servos are a little different but I'll make the bridge mount and send it to you. Just let me know the dimensions of the mounting holes on the servo you choose and I'll match them. Same deal for anyone that bought a chassis. I've sold plenty of them so I know people have installed servos successfully, anybody want to show a pic of what they did to make it work?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts