• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

5t Body On Dunerunner

hamster huey

Thanks for posting that pic. What did you use for body mounts? Did you have to trim the wheel wells to fit the wheelbase? If your familiar with the Rampage you know they have chassis flex. Does the dunerunner chassis flex? Is there any way to fit a bumper on front?

twisted - bones

I made body mounts out of a pair of MT mounts. I am going to purchase a MT front shock tower as it will bolt right up and then the Mt mounts will fit perfect. the rear was pretty simple. will post more pics later. As for the body, yes I had to open the front wheel well about a half inch in the front to accommodate the extra length.

If you put the MT front shock tower on you can also bolt up the MT front bumper. The chassis is pretty rigid BUT.... the front diff plate is longer than the MT so there will probably be a tendency to flex there or worse yet bend. Will know more after this weekend when I get a chance to run it.

hamster huey

Twisted thanks to you Ive started collecting parts. I want to put on a 5bss pipe, hpibaja4me body, 28.5. Is it possible to buy a second brace to double the long front brace your talking about, one on top of the other? I think Ill round up either MT tires/wheels or 5t Trencher tires/wheels. Hopefully the longer wheelbase will enable some aggressive driving with tall 5t tires. My shorter MT and TT were very very slightly tipsy only with pretty aggressive driving with 5t tires. Id like to do the tower and bumper mod you mentioned too. Does the MT tower give the shocks any extra mounting points or make the shocks mount higher up?

jackson

if wasn't going nuts about getting myself a new 1/5th scale onroad car this is what i would do gett a dunerunner install a bigbore kit in like 30.5cc a nice dominator pipe in it and boy a bodie like the 5T or the new 5SC short course i think it would come out nice! but allready got the MT very happy with it so now is time to look foward to get myself some onrad gasser!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts