• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2s Lipo receiver battery

G

If you have the single steering servo battery box, the Killer RC lipos fit. If you have the MT with dual steering servos and tiny battery box, it will be tough to find a decent one.

G

Here ya go.

You need to have the killer bee, receiver and wiring in the lower section with the battery on top. You can have the receiver on the side if you don't have too many plugs like the pic, but I have actually relocated it to the bottom when I upgraded my TX/RX.

pb2themax

Banned
Kaz the Minotaur said:
I got a 2S 800 mah LiPo from Hobby King and velcro'd it to the stock XB-E ESC tray.
800mAh? :eek:

Be sure the battery is inside the battery box, or at least strapped down good. If your car has a tumble and that battery comes loose and comes unplugged you just lost power to the throttle servo, and you now have a runaway vehicle, unless you have a kill switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Kaz the Minotaur said:
I got a 2S 800 mah LiPo from Hobby King and velcro'd it to the stock XB-E ESC tray.
I'm guessing you charge it about as often as your motor packs???

G

Just a tip.....

I use double sided tape to hold the little components in place in the battery box. It's not hard to remove, keeps everything in place, while you running wires and installing the battery.

JLW429

Do you put a piece of foam between battery and electronics? Also what rate do you charge at, Killer RC recommends 3.0 amps for 6000mah lipo.

G

Yes. The K/RC pack comes with foam in the box. It works perfect as a barrier between the two. I leave the pack in my box for charging. I know, not the safest, but I use a small balance charger for the receiver packs, and it charges at around 1a. They last me months before they need recharging so there is no need for a fast charge.

This is how I do it.

Kaz the Minotaur

pb2themax said:
800mAh? :eek: Be sure the battery is inside the battery box, or at least strapped down good. If your car has a tumble and that battery comes loose and comes unplugged you just lost power to the throttle servo, and you now have a runaway vehicle, unless you have a kill switch.
Allow me to clarify. :D The battery is secured via opposing pieces of velcro attached to the battery and tray with shoo goo and also a velcro cinch strap.

Marco

I run 2 of this on my receiver box and still have lots of room left...plenty of running time.

Forgot to say that 2 of these babys gets you 4200mah and weight less than the stock battery.

1RC5

Marco said:
I run 2 of this on my receiver box and still have lots of room left...plenty of running time.Forgot to say that 2 of these babys gets you 4200mah and weight less than the stock battery.
Do you connect these together and still get 7.4v or do you run 1 at a time and swap when they drain?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts