• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

your other rc's

Ron E

Contributor
wow :eek: that things a work of art... beautifull :)

thanks for the great pic's, very nice rc's.

Vision

Not yet, haven't have time to run it at 100mph, just a few 40-50mph blasts hehe.

It's a amazing car though, revolutionary engineering.

xo1_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

XDEEDUBBX

the only thing im not a fan of is the body and the wheels lol but other than that, that thing is beast.

angryrecords

For all the money it cost for the 100mph car an to unlock it you can probly mod several of your rides to amazing top speeds. Too bad traxxas just didnt make an 1/8 scale platform.

Vision

Your paying for the engineering/design. It's like having a ferrari and ford mustang, both can hit a 100mph easily, one is just more refined doing it and engineered better. I have a few other 1/8 onroads that can hit 100, but they won't be as stable as the xo1.

angryrecords

well i can agree with stability because traxxas does make a stable product., what i disliked most about there new ride is unlocking it with iphone or whatever. Who wants to buy an accessory to make the expensive car do what its supose to do, i think that was poor judgement on traxxas part.. I just don't care for that idea in general because other brands have decided to go that route such as the ar.drone etc. but everyone is different as well so what works for some does not work for others. I'm sure it has excellent performance though.

G

I kinda think some people just assume everyone has one (IPhone). Lol.

At least it works with the iPods also so if your not into the iPhone you don't have to get into a contract just for your RC.

XDEEDUBBX

Vision said:
Your paying for the engineering/design. It's like having a ferrari and ford mustang, both can hit a 100mph easily, one is just more refined doing it and engineered better. I have a few other 1/8 onroads that can hit 100, but they won't be as stable as the xo1.
very well put! :D

angryrecords

well im not into apple at all and don't support their products so any types of models they put out that need apple products to work them arent for me. I'd rather support other brands that allready exist in the rc world. Such as spektrum. Too bad more brands don't use spektrum receivers cuz any brand could sell bnd cars, trucks etc without the radios for a cheaper price. Considering the market was already flooded with the product.

Vision

Well the whole using the iphone thing was done to keep costs down. Imagine having a Color LCD Remote with a 3.5" Display. If traxxas engineered such a remote it would easily push the xo1 price up by $300. Already alot of people are complaining about the $1100 price, so at $1400 they'd get ridiculed everywhere. Also if you are spending $1100, what is another $50 for a used ipod touch. I agree though with you it sounds like a monopoly, but I think they had no choice.

angryrecords

ya i supose so and i do see where your coming from with the color lcd i guess. It is an expensive ride that is for sure. Well I havent messed with an onroad car just for the simple facts i live in the woods now and a nice flat surface is not a hop skip and jump from me. Cordy had a few rides that could handel the parking lots nicely. Serpant and the Burns and a few others. Actually onroad was how I got into rc, its funny how things change lol. Now its all 4wd offroad for me.

Vision

Hehe I'm the opposite. I live in NYC. All we have here are roads, no woods. However I did started also with off-roads. Right now I don't have any off-roads. This is where I plan to race the xo-1 . You can see my redcat in the start of the video vs a hpi baja =)

[ame]

[/ame]

angryrecords

cool video man, nice track. its good forums like this that make me enjoy my time spent on the net. when you get down to reading and thinking about stuff such as the cars/trucks and platforms as well as being able to discuss them together it helps expand the mind. I was thinking about what i would like to do with my 8.0 cuz its my favorite truck and ive put a lot of time and cash into it. So this thread actually got me thinking. I may turn it into dirt oval touring truck since I didnt build it up to bash it. Good luck with your xo1 and track man.

Ildy666

Hey race truck.i like that ford body is that a fg painted up.me being a ford guy would love to ford body up my mt..

noroc

My collection isn't that big but it sure is nice!

Original RC10 Goldpan Shelf Queen

RC10B4.1 with Mamba Max Pro, 5700Kv Castle motor, and 3s Lipo

Heavily modded Losi Ten-T

X-Ray NT18T

Rampage MT V4

Esky King Bee V3 Brushless 6-channel Collective Pitch Helicopter

Blade mSR Helicopter

Don't have any pics right now. I will have to post some later.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.