• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Yes finally 2 new Mt's came

Ruffy

Well I am very sorry because I was going to make a video of a real unboxing but after paying for them two weeks ago and Redcat having a shipping error that caused it to be 2 week shipping we couldn't wait.

Anyhow i got my 2 MT's V3.1 and a dominator pipe and a jetpro pipe with the 8000 RPM springs, both came the same day. When opening the box both kits were totally different by looking at them. Yes they were both MT's but one had the body on and with the clips and the other one didnt and the decal sheet had a completely different layout. Not a biggy but I did find the one to not have roll cage clips. The other one had what seemed to be a really nice body till i pulled the bubble wrap off it and found the body (both clear bodies) clips to be loose in it scratching the inside bed and tail gate up. I am a little upset about it because a body is $70 but i am going to call redcat to see if they would be kind enough to send anyother due to there error.

Over all I am really happy with them both. Nothing fell off of them because i did the proper pretrip to check everything. Even the first start was easy! the First pull it fired then stalled, but two pulls more and it started right up and idled perfect and ran perfect. I AM IN LOVE! The hardest thing about these is the break in time haha. I will post about both pipes sense i have them both side by side in another area :)

Ruffy

Grrrr the only pics I can post is a broken up rampage. And this isn't my fault! I am almost at the end of the break in on this one and was running it on the road. It was a little cold out and no snow or rain. The streets were dry and seemed to be perfect running weather. Everything seems to be ok on the truck and then all the sudden the throttle stuck 3/4 open. I truer to hit the breaks but nothing. The only thing I had was steering. So instead of letting it run into a house I turned right and it went into a bush. It stopped the MT but the throttle was still open. I hit the stop button to shut it off and to check it out. Here under them bushes was a nice size 6x6 wooden rail. Needless to say the truck was busted up. I checked everything and here the throttle servo just fried!! I am so upset at this and yes the fail safe was on and battery was fully charged. It was simply the servo. But that servo cause about 300$ worth of damage. My front gear box split in half, upper A arm broke, the thick metal A arm rod broke in half! And a little more.

Needless to say I am not happy and I sure hope redcat can back there product by sending me the parts for free.

Ruffy

Kill switch? I haven't seen one. I know there is one on the motor. I would need a 3 channel radio for that wouldn't I? Personally I've never had a servo just stop like this and I have years in the hobby.

Deluge

The V2 kill switch is for 2 channel systems. It goes on the steering channel with a splitter cable. It'll kill the engine if the radio connection loses power or signal. In an emergency situation, just turn off the transmitter and it'll kill the engine. Very handy.

Ruffy

rcgasser said:
Yes killer bee http://www.killerrc.com/store/store.php#killerbee and no you don't have to have a 3 channel radio they also sell one that will work on 2 channels. You are very lucky then I have a few years in this hobby and I have had plenty RTR servos go on strike.
Thanks guys.

I have herd of it happening Rcgasser. But This is the first RTR RC i have ever bought. I was one of those picky guys with the 300$ Futaba radio haha. I mostly bought extremely high end RC stuff and raced with the RC 10 and Inferno. It just sucks it happened to me :/ Why couldnt it happen to an HPI owner hahahah.

rcgasser

ruffy said:
thanks guys. I have herd of it happening rcgasser. But this is the first rtr rc i have ever bought. I was one of those picky guys with the 300$ futaba radio haha. I mostly bought extremely high end rc stuff and raced with the rc 10 and inferno. It just sucks it happened to me :/ why couldnt it happen to an hpi owner hahahah.
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruffy

Ok i have checked on Davesmotors for the kill switch. I think I need the V2-S??? The V2 is for am-fm radios but the V2-S is for spektrum radios. And yes another question about it is the MT I got has a 3 channel receiver but the hand held is only 2 channel. Would i still need a splitter or no splitter and plug it into that 3rd channel slot? I don't understand why they would provide a receiver with 3 and the hand held with 2 channels grrrr. All very much confusing for me..

EDIT: My radio is the DSM-2C

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruffy

Thanks gasser. I see the chart but my radio being off brand isnt on there. All i know is its a 2.4 GHz. What I need to know if its a spektrum radio or not? I am looking and no specs on this radio saying what it is.

rcgasser

If its the stock radio that came with the MT yes it will work with the V2 I think they are made by flysky if I am not mistaken but I have seen other people here on the forum that has the killer bee with the stock radio.

Deluge

Spektrum is a brand. If you had a Spektrum, you'd need a V2-S. The V2 will work with the stock radio system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts