• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

xt to mt hub swap

ronncali

I am trying to covert my xt hub set up to a mm 23mm hub set up. reason being i cant drive no more than 5 mins without a wheel or 2 coming loose sometime even coming off its no fun to pit every 5 mins or less. so im changing my set up which means wheels to so i know this is going to be expensive. So can someone please give me a list of all the parts I need to do so. I am having to change everything so far. I bought the 23mm hubs i bought the axles part number 50032 no it seems like i need to redo the whole front please help. im new at this as you can tell. :)

G

If you want the MT adapters (22mm). You will need all 8 suspension arms, MT c-hubs, front knuckles, rear wheel bearing holders, front MT CVDs rear dogbones and rear axles.

You also will need all 8 wheel bearings.

Knuckles

Here is a suggestion, If you want to run MT tires and wheels, contact Ol'fart and see if he will make them for you to fit your XT, It will be more expensive but I think worth it. If you run 24mm hubs have more options for tires and wheels.

G

Knuckles said:
Here is a suggestion, If you want to run MT tires and wheels, contact Ol'fart and see if he will make them for you to fit your XT, It will be more expensive but I think worth it. If you run 24mm hubs have more options for tires and wheels.
I bet it would be less than purchasing all the suspension components to do a full conversion.

+1 on the 24mm adapters. Way more options.

ronncali

thanks a lot I will get the parts for the front to make sure its a go then do the rear I also tried lock tite no go

G

If the drive squares slip on the axle, it will spin the wheel right off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online