• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT not turning

crazyfast

Just picked up this truck and it's running GREAT! It already has a ton of upgrades (including an XQ S50 40D). The only thing is, the sharpest turn is about a 15-20yrd diameter!! I've tried messin' with the dials on the radio, but there's no improvement. I did notice when I lift the front of the truck it has full range of steering, but when the truck is on the ground, it's maybe getting only 1/2 the range. Now, I'm really mechanically inclined... not so much RC inclined lol.

Any help here?

BertR

It sounds to me like your servo saver is to loose and is letting the saver flex under load. Tightene the saver nut fairly snug down on the spring and give it a whirl. If the servo saver is not the issue its the servo.

andyken

I agree with the servo saver adjustment, I had issues with my xb.

I upgraded to a 5000ma battery, it also helped.

And I adjusted the "toe" out a bit.

G

This is the servo saver that is being mentioned.

nitrobashin

Check the nut on the servo saver.I had the same issue.Turns out the nut was stripped,no tension on the spring.All servo power was slipping the saver.Also check the bolts in the top and bottom of the front hubs.Mine bind sometimes.

G

If the servo has the same throw when the wheel are on the ground and off, it is a loose servo saver.

crazyfast

PERFECT!! That was exactly the problem. And thanks RCDAD for the diagram... my next question was going to be 'what does the servo saver look like lol.

The truck is running like a champ now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts