• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT ground clearance too low

powerslave69

I just got my XT not too long ago. I'm just wondering, why would we want to change our wheels to a baja? What's the advantage? I would go for a wheel mod that would raise the clearance of my truck from the ground. Every time I want to run my truck, I have to peel off the old duct tapes from underneath the chassis and apply a new one before every run coz' it's so low it's always rubbing against the ground and so far I got two screws that were scraped so bad I could not use a hex wrench to remove it. why did they design this truck so low to the ground anyway? Isn't the whole concept of monster trucks is supposed to be it is high off the ground? What's the clearance on the MT? I'd sell my XT if MT is has better height. I'm just tired of applying duct tapes before I run my truck but if I don't I'm going to have one hell of a problem removing those screws when I need to. Hey Rob (RampageHopUps) here's something to shoot for. We got 7 guys in our town with XT complaining about the same thing. What do you think? Can you fabricate a mod so we can install taller tires to our XTs? I'm surprise I haven't seen anyone in this forum raise this issue about XT being too low.

View attachment 3943

Obeast44

Banned
Personally I like them a little low, just for the better handling.

You can do a few things to raise them up like increasing the shock preload, and changing shock mounting location. I also think I recall seeing where forum member Camo put the longer rear XT shocks up front and then put Baja 5b front shocks in the rear. If new shocks isnt an option maybe you could try a longer shock end. That would help and be considerably cheaper. I will do some digging and see what I can find for ya.

laganm21

Thats why you get the Rampage V3 MT with the Huge ass wheels and tires , I have a V2 MT and I have no clearance issues and I usually climb rocks and logs with mine

powerslave69

you'd do that?

Obeast44 said:
Personally I like them a little low, just for the better handling.
You can do a few things to raise them up like increasing the shock preload, and changing shock mounting location. I also think I recall seeing where forum member Camo put the longer rear XT shocks up front and then put Baja 5b front shocks in the rear. If new shocks isnt an option maybe you could try a longer shock end. That would help and be considerably cheaper. I will do some digging and see what I can find for ya.
Gee, thanks man. I'll start with your shock mod suggestion. I'll wait for your post. Also Rob suggested using his XT to Baja wheel adapters and use Trencher tires. I'll do anything to stop duct taping my chassis to avoid scraping the screws. I already 2 screws all scraped up and using a hex wrench is not even an option to remove this screws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts