• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT Exhaust Extensions

RUNAWAYDUC

I was thinking of extending the exhaust outlets on the XT tuned exhaust straight out the back of the truck. I was thinking of using a silicon coupler and maybe some copper piping available at home depot out the tail of the truck. Has anyone tried this and how did you do it?. Any negatives on doing this?

BertR

It will not hurt anything by doing that.If you have access to heater hose that would be better just saying it will give more flexibility in a roll over situation

FancyPants

Copper will melt your body...it will absorb that heat way to well...agreed with Bert, go with heater hose...I'm using it on mine and I can still touch it right after a run if needing adjustment. If you want the copper just for looks then that would be cool, but not for running.

G

Running some extensions will keep the mess out from under the body.

G

You can measure you stinger outside diameter, that number or slightly smaller will be the inside diameter of the silicon tube to buy.

FancyPants

vpalace said:
What size heater hose?
if you are coming off of the stock exhaust/tuned pipe it would be 5/8

if you are coming off of the pipe that connects directly to the motor that is 3/4

but like RCDAD said...measure it and you should be good...or you can take my approach and just buy a couple feet of different sizes...lol

vpalace

Lol. I usually wind up doing that anyway! Thanks guys.

FancyPants

vpalace said:
Lol. I usually wind up doing that anyway! Thanks guys.
btw I did come out the back of mine...not with the stock exhaust but with the x-can...and I like it quite a bit...I thought about coming out of the body maybe the tail lights or something but I just didn't think I would like it in the end...so I trimmed a notch out of the rear end for the hose to kind of "ride" in and has worked really well...

as for the tuned pipe/stock, I think you could come out of the body quite nicely as the exhaust is quite closer to the rear of the truck...the xcan isn't like this at all. whatever you decide snap some pics and show us what you did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts