• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT Differential trouble

DPOC37

Hey guys,

New here, I am having an issue with my front differential joint cups. I don't know how but 1 seemed to have broke and I tore the front apart but cant figure out how to remove it. Any help?

Deluge

There's a pin on the diff cup shaft that you need to remove. The pin is underneath the gear that slides on the diff cup shaft. Also, there's a set screw on the diff housing, you have to remove it and slide the pin out through that hole.

Here's a diagram of the assembly:

de5kjc.jpg

DPOC37

Thanks

Deluge,

I appreciate it. I am just having trouble with gettin the pin (part #50067) out. I already removed the grub screw i just cant seem to brake the pin loose. :confused:

DPOC37

Booyah!

Thanks you guys i finally got it apart. I think i may have cracked the case though.... ugh anyways now i have to order the new pieces. Is therea place that sells better joint cups other then the stock ones?

DPOC37

Thanks bro. I am gonna check into it and if I can get off work I will let you know and possibly meet up or something.

thomas

ok can anyone help me out i need to upgrade my drive line cups bones the whole thing would like cvd where i can also does anyone know if i go to the 35 and 25 teeth gears for speed will i have any issues with the cover fitting. bought a new obr motor and afraid im going to start twisting stuff and breaking stuff so since im going to get the 707 bearing holders and c-hubs upgrade the rest of it thanks for the imput

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online