• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT centers to the left??

crazyfast

I thought my HQ steering servo went bad because instead of returning to zero, it would turn left even after I re-centered it and adjusted the knob on the controller.

I installed a new HiTec servo and it's doing the same thing. What would cause this? :confused:

G

Did you center the servo before installing the servo horn?

When installing a new servo:

Mount and wire the servo.

Turn on transmitter set all trims to neutral.

Turn on receiver. The servo will center to neutral position.

Have the wheels pointed straight as possible.

Now install the servo horn on the servo with it still powered up.

Set the end points.

Drive the vehicle and adjust radio trim as needed.

Last edited:

Sinist3r

Try RCDAD,s method. One question though. Are you trying to center with the truck on the ground? The tires don't turn well when the truck isn't moving. Just an observation from when i was centering the steering servo on my XT .

G

Sinist3r said:
The tires don't turn well when the truck isn't moving. Just an observation from when i was centering the steering servo on my XT .
You may need to tighten up the servo savor a bit.

crazyfast

Yup that's exactly how I installed it. I learned to center it BEFORE installing the servo horn only after installing the HQ servo LOL. And it was on the stand. The servo saver is as tight as it goes (really don't like that).

So for shits and giggles, I unplugged everything and while everything was off I zero'd trim knobs. Plugged everything back in, and we're golden!!!! :confused: :confused:

BUT... I still just really don't like how slow the turning is especially with the saver tightened. I'm able to do donuts in dirt, but while accelerating and in grass, it SUCKS!!

What's the best steering upgrade besides servos?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ebb75

crazyfast said:
Yup that's exactly how I installed it. I learned to center it BEFORE installing the servo horn only after installing the HQ servo LOL. And it was on the stand. The servo saver is as tight as it goes (really don't like that).So for shits and giggles, I unplugged everything and while everything was off I zero'd trim knobs. Plugged everything back in, and we're golden!!!! :confused: :confused:

BUT... I still just really don't like how slow the turning is especially with the saver tightened. I'm able to do donuts in dirt, but while accelerating and in grass, it SUCKS!!

If you have heavy grease in the rear diff, I found its tight when turning, meaning it pushes in the turns. Probably due to it acting like a posi rear end. Just a thought.

G

crazyfast said:
I still just really don't like how slow the turning is especially with the saver tightened. I'm able to do donuts in dirt, but while accelerating and in grass, it SUCKS!!

You need more power to turn those huge tires. A Savox 236 on a 2s lipo is pretty tough.

G

Upping the voltage makes a night and day difference in both speed and torque. If your running a decent servo, try it with higher voltage it might just be enough for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts