• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Tire Height

G

As Trip shows in his vid, tuning plays a big role in performance.

Dreggsta

RCDAD said:
Just do it over time. You are always only as fast as your wallet allows. I have over 2k into my XB but it is not all necessary. A Baja or losi with the same Hopups is closer to 5k. Most guys just upgrade as things break. That's part of the fun.
10-4. On an $8k arctic cat I prolly had an additional $8k in it from hop ups to replacement parts. It's all part of the game. I almost have just as much fun wrenching & tweaking than i do riding lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreggsta

Trip.. said:
If you skip to the last minute or so of this vid you can see a bone stock buggy doing powerslides on dry pavement effortlessly. This is a boring ass tuning vid I put up last year, but it shows what to expect with a stock xb.
I watched the whole vid actually. Good vid too.

As for being stock, performance wise I am happy. It's the gremlins that lead me to say that leaving it stock isn't an option. Not the performance. Like the gear plate & undersized bearings. The wheel bearing holders & their undersized bearings. The servos. The oem tires. That stuff.

I'm gonna post a vid I found in a new thread of a guy reccomending what needs to be replaced out of the box & see if you guys agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trip..

I'm still running the stock gearplate. But as far as the tires the foams are shot and filled with fart dust, but they still work great for bashing in the dirt and doing donuts on the street. (Once I added a pipe I can drift this thing like those dudes in Japan with Supra's!) The more I read on here there are bunch of guys still running the stock radio gear with no problems. The bearings are junk, that's true. I don't know of anyone having any luck with them.

The thing is, I bought an FG M/T back in 06 and I didn't have to replace anything on it (other than Hitec servos) for the first 4 years I had it. But I spent 1200 on the truck and another 200 on servos.

On the redcat I spent $480 plus 65 for a throttle servo and 50 bux on a steering servo. No matter how you look at it, that leaves 800 for upgrades to make it as strong as an FG.

With 800 bux left in my pocket and I have a buggy that will kick the shit out an FG around a track... I call that a bargain, the best I ever had. (Roger Daltrey) lol.

Dreggsta

RCDAD said:
Stock motor and carb, poor pipe, and only the 6k clutch would contribute to the bogging. The taller tires will raise the final drive ratio. Just need more power. :D
ok. to me it sounds & looks like the rpm band is too high. to me, it reminds me of an atv that is geared too high. seems like lower gearing would be the fix but i am learning on these cars. thanks. :)

Dreggsta

rcdad & bert, i'm curious, have you experimented w/the trenchers by removing the foam from the tires & running them like that? just curious as they seem like stiff tires.

G

Not really. The foam is what is stiff. A small bump with a 30+ lb vehicle would flatten them. LOL

Dreggsta

You guys are great. Appreciate all the help.

I was just wondering how tuneable the tires are. Like as in, can they be set up like low air pressure set ups like atvs & trucks.

G

Dreggsta said:
You guys are great. Appreciate all the help.I was just wondering how tuneable the tires are. Like as in, can they be set up like low air pressure set ups like atvs & trucks.
One of the pluses to running the Baja wheels, is some of the tire manufactures have soft, medium & hard tire compounds and soft, medium & hard foams. So yes.

Dreggsta

That is very cool. I was thinking that one would have to trim the foam to change the stiffness.

Out of curiosity, what size are the xt tires?

G

Not really sure. There are no tire or foam options for the Redcat wheels. You will have to run the Baja wheels to run different tires.

Dreggsta

from what i have seen the oem foams aren't too good lol.

yes sir, i already have the 7075rc adapters on my list. ;)

Ildy666

Dreggsta said:
That is very cool. I was thinking that one would have to trim the foam to change the stiffness.Out of curiosity, what size are the xt tires?
We trim our foams on our rock crawlers ,but thats for slow speed and gearing vehicles with no weight bias.but the 5th scalers would be to heavy and fast and would destroy ur tires...

Trip..

If you want to see what tires are like with no foams, just run the stock tires for about 4-5 tanks, the foam will turn to dust and you will be without foams.

I don't run foams in my FG M/T but the tires on that thing are about as hard as a set of Goodyears.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts