• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Tire Height

Dreggsta

anyone know the hight of the oem XB tire mounted on the wheel (in inches, mm or cm, lol idc)? i just need/want something to compare what i want to get to get a perspective. also to see if i will need to regear to compensate if they are a lot taller (i'm looking at the pro-line trenchers. thanks & my bad if i am asking a lot guys. it's hard to figure things out & get an idea of those things w/out those things being in your hand (haha no jokes please lol).

G

XB tire is about 5.5 inches. A Trencher is about 7.5 inches.

Dreggsta

thanks rcdad. i guess the trenchers won't be any easier on the drivetrain lol. but, they will add some gc. can i ask what width about the stock xb tires are? i know the trenchers are 3".

G

Dreggsta said:
thanks rcdad. i guess the trenchers won't be any easier on the drivetrain lol. but, they will add some gc. can i ask what width about the stock xb tires are? i know the trenchers are 3".
About 2 1/2 inches.

G

This it a trencher next to the stock MT tire.

-

Dreggsta

lol, man, you sure those trenchers are really 7+ inches tall? lol those mt tires just dwarf them.

thanks rcdad! that is awesome that you took a reference shot for me. highly appreciated!

Trip..

Be sure you don't confuse the MT tire (which is huge) with the XT tire, (which isn't.) lol

G

Trip.. said:
Be sure you don't confuse the MT tire (which is huge) with the XT tire, (which isn't.) lol
Correct the XT tire is smaller. Closer to the size of the Trencher.

Dreggsta

cool pic bert. will you post some more pics of your ride w/those trenchers? those trenchers should add an inch+ of gc over the stock xb tires right? it know that's the rear right of your ride. are those the rear trencher wides?

BertR

Yes thats a rear trencher next to a stock XT tire and a rear bow-tie. The trenchers are a tall tire and looks goofie on a xb. IMO .I am away from home until late afternoon but when I get back I will mount up the trenchers for you with a pic if nobody beats me to it.

Dreggsta

Hey that's cool. I found a vid of an xb w/trenchers on it I think. I'm a post the vid but please still post a pic. It's all about angles & stills as I can't get a definitive view if i like it or not. Can't wait to see the pics. :)

Here's the vid I found:

[ame]

[/ame]Are these trenchers? If so, I like them. Seems a little bogged down tho like it's geared a little to high?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Yep, Trenchers.

G

Seems a little bogged down tho like it's geared a little to high?
Stock motor and carb, poor pipe, and only the 6k clutch would contribute to the bogging. The taller tires will raise the final drive ratio. Just need more power. :D

Dreggsta

Sheesh man. I was really attracted to these redcats bc of the 4wd & the price but the price seems to go up w/each needed hop up. :( lol, it wouldn't be that bad if i was buying one but i am buying 2, 1 for me & another for my son. And from what I'm seeing, leaving them stock ain't an option.

G

Just do it over time. You are always only as fast as your wallet allows. I have over 2k into my XB but it is not all necessary. A Baja or losi with the same Hopups is closer to 5k. Most guys just upgrade as things break. That's part of the fun.

Trip..

If you skip to the last minute or so of this vid you can see a bone stock buggy doing powerslides on dry pavement effortlessly. This is a boring ass tuning vid I put up last year, but it shows what to expect with a stock xb.

[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]9s_i0ylrpek[/MEDIA][/ame]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts