• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB gas build

rampage idiot

Silent_chaos said:
They're not dangerous at all. I have an HPI EP Ken Block and I put the batteries to its limits! (car can 62mph in 3 secs) and never had any problems running Lipo. (unless they're rusted and are from an Unreliable brand) all you have to do is charge them via a special Lipo charger which charges each cell of the Lipo battery equally. Lipo batteries are well sealed and come in a pack of cells (2S, 3S) or even 6S (just like the 1/5 Electric Powered vehicles). Each cell doubles the amount of Voltage. so let's say 1S= 3.8V; 2S=7.6V, etc..

You cannot use the Lipo batteries that are used for receivers in 1/5 cars to power electric cars since each brand and type of Lipo battery has a different discharge power.

Most Electric 1/8 cars use the 3S for speed and 2S for drifting.

1/5 scale cars use the 2S Receiver batt on their receiver.

I suggest using the Killer RC Lipo battery and get his special charger. (can't go wrong on this) it will cost you 100 bucks. also, it spices up your electronics and delivers full Voltage. also you might use the charger to charge up any other kind of battery. (NiCd, NiMh, Lipo,etc..)

there are plenty of vids on the internet teaching you how to charge them EZY PZY
Thanks for your input!

G

I just read your other post. I didn't realize you don't have it yet. LOL :eek:

rampage idiot

OK now I did some research, I found 6mm greasable heim joints and the nice thing is when 7075 rc gets the upper control arms done these will work if he still uses the plastic ends like in the pic that was posted on the xbe, all I have to do is make the spacers. I got these from VXB In Cal. enjoy!

rampage idiot

RCDAD said:
They look beefy!
Works for me! LOL and I just saw on the 7075 post for the upper arms you suggested making the turnbuckles bigger! Ha! OK these will work on xb aluminum arms! LOL

Silent_chaos

rampage idiot said:
OK after extensive trial and error(more error) this is what I have come up with, I had 7075rc make me shock towers 1" taller, I mounted MT rezzies fronts on front rears on rear, I am using HPI springs front/hard on rears and rear/soft on fronts, At this point I am pretty satisfied and until I can run it to see how it handles, this is a done deal!
hey, Im going to change the springs since they are too hard.

Are you still using the same setup regarding the Springs? are you satisfied?

if yes, can you link me to the exact spring link from DDM? (HPI springs front/hard on rears and rear/soft on fronts)

Im kinda lost on what spring to add on my cart due to lots of similar springs.

thanks

rampage idiot

Silent_chaos said:
hey, Im going to change the springs since they are too hard. Are you still using the same setup regarding the Springs? are you satisfied?

if yes, can you link me to the exact spring link from DDM? (HPI springs front/hard on rears and rear/soft on fronts)

Im kinda lost on what spring to add on my cart due to lots of similar springs.

thanks
Read this it tells all about there springs. I got mine from A-Main hobbies, DDM doesn't have them.

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/86760

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts