• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Build #2

Stygian

Banned
Ok, my wife decided she wanted a XB too so I have decided to give her the one I already have and just build me a new one so here are the parts I am thinking about using. If anyone has any suggestions on something different I should go with or if I have chosen too much aluminum please let me know, also if I have forgotten some parts please do share, thanks in advance for all suggestions and responses.

Ok, here's the list

Carb and Motor

Walbro WT-257 Carb.

RCMK Full Mod CR300 30.5cc

7075rc Parts

22mm x 6mm Ball Bearings x4

Front Bearing Holders

Rear Bearing Holders

C-Hubs

Front and Rear diff. housing

Chassis (Raw Aluminum)

Shock Tower Front & Rear

Lay Shaft Mount (not sure if these are really needed so advice would be helpful)

MISC.

TGN Aluminum Wing

Jetpro Rear Mount Pipe

Hitech HS-645MG Throttle Servo

ADA RC Manifold

Snappy RC Ultimate fuel line kit

Fuel Lines

DDM Tall Velocity Stack

RC Screwz

Proline Bow-Tie Front on Desperado Wheels

Boca Bearings Green Sealed (for off roading)

Grafil XB-G Body

Multi Ratio Belt Drive Kit

Killer bee super bee kill switch

Redcat Racing parts

Last edited by a moderator:

Stygian

Banned
cordy said:
Nice list I`m shure you will be happy with it.Have you considered a belt drive?
Yep it's in the list right above the killer be switch.

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
That would be an impressive build.
Yeah, thanks to you guys, I have gotten good advice and ideas. I am sure I am missing some odds n ends parts like the axels and and rear axel mounts but I am not sure if I want to go with the stock redcat ones or find some good aftermarket ones and I just hope I'm not using too much aluminum.

Jackleg

That looks like a fun build. I wish I would have built one from scratch instead of buying complete and modding everything. Building one and working on them is most of the fun for me.

Stygian

Banned
Jackleg said:
That looks like a fun build. I wish I would have built one from scratch instead of buying complete and modding everything. Building one and working on them is most of the fun for me.
I totally agree one if the reasons I'm doing this build

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

xCrittersx

looks like it will be a sick build. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

xCrittersx

Stygian said:
Im digging phatcats front/rear shock towers, I just might have to get those instead.
With the rear shock tower it will only work with side mounted pipes or stock pipe

crashrja

i have the front and rear phatcat shocktowers on mine with a jetpro rear mount pipe. you have to do some modifying to the rear tower. i sent him some pics on what i did must be to hard to redo them to fit. but i do like them alot thanks phatcat.

xCrittersx

crashrja said:
i have the front and rear phatcat shocktowers on mine with a jetpro rear mount pipe. you have to do some modifying to the rear tower. i sent him some pics on what i did must be to hard to redo them to fit. but i do like them alot thanks phatcat.
It's not hard to redo them it's just with that pipe you do not have much room to adjust the shocks.

Stygian

Banned
xCrittersx said:
It's not hard to redo them it's just with that pipe you do not have much room to adjust the shocks.
Would be worth the time to maybe do two types one for the rear mounted pipes and the. The ones you already have

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.