• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wow!!!

Deluge

Yeah, I've had some experience with their smaller stuff, as well. They're definitely not as durable as their 5th scale stuff. It is what it is.

Hobby shops FTW! :D

GoffeeRedCat

Deluge said:
He made some good points, though. Why sell a product if you can't support it? Or have no intention of supporting it? Personally, I think BestBuy is selling Traxxas products because Traxxas has been taking advantage of the iPod, the iPad, etc. Imagine walking into a BestBuy for an XO-1, you know what their pitch would be. "You won't be able to unlock that 100mph speed without a super sweet iPad...which we happen to sell."
There would be support for it!! BestBuy is the second big box store I've worked for (Circuit City was the first) anything and everything you buy at bestbuy has support! Thus the ProtectionPlan/Geek Squad, and we would be highly trained on it!! . I mean we may not sell parts for it but think of it this way...do car dealership sell gas?? and I'm sure we'd sell parts for it because PepBoys did when they sold Traxxas stuff. Plus it's really not sold by BestBuy! If you go on Bestbuy.com were a forth party seller!! (Which squirrel forgot to mention on his video then I called him out on it and deleted my comment, then called me a p*s$y, then he commented on his own that it was in Canada) then after that I called support for bestbuy as an employee and asked if bestbuy canada is going sell so called "hobby grade RCs" such as Traxxas...they said yes but it's still coming from third party company and they are just reserving a certain amount exclusive for bestbuy.com (will never be in a store) customers. But the funnynny thing is were get a huge discount!! 5% over cost for employees. You know we'd sell you an ipad for your XO-1

RampageHopUps

Don;t kid yourself. Bestbuy isn;t going to support it, they are just re-sellers. Do you think they are going to let some kids bring back his RC car to the store for a full refund?

GoffeeRedCat

ohh yea i know but its not being sold in stores!! its being sold online!! but if it was sold in store there would be support for it!! at one point when the very very VVVEEERRRYYY first ipods came out bestbuy and circuit city didnt support it!! you had to call apple and get a refund from them (HP ipods super old school lol) but if it was returned by a kid itll be same policy from traxxas or hobby shops.....if its opened no refunds!! call traxxas if you want a refund lol

GoffeeRedCat

GoffeeRedCat said:
(Which squirrel forgot to mention on his video then I called him out on it and deleted my comment, then called me a p*s$y, then he commented on his own that it was in Canada)
Correction my little brother called him out initially with his own youtube account....then i guess his desktop crashed and used my laptop and my already logged in youtube account...then called him out again then i got an email from squirrel lol

GoffeeRedCat

You never know! It'll have the same type of warannty/support as the manufacture...lemme tell you guys how protection plans work...instead of a customer going through straight to the manufacturer for there support they go through us. There are two types of protection plans accidental or standard...manufacturers set which plans they wanna cover, not bestbuy because the first year of your plan the manufacturer fixes the product. The reason it goes back to the manufacturer for the first year is because they wanna know why their product failed. If the manufacturer wanna support accidental plans they do it at there discretion because for the first year if you accidentally you product with a hammer, though we (though we replace it in store) in goes back to the manufacturer for reconditioning or use what's left as parts....then after the first year is done and when the manufacturer doesn't care on whatever you do with your product we still take care of it because we either get parts below or at cost and labor is labor (it takes me 15 mins to install 4 speakers in a 2003 lexus IS 300 with Bose) doesn't cost us anything....in short if we'd send out ESCs it depends on Traxxas....would they have an accidental plan on it? Probably not! They'd probably have tech support for it! Like for a noob like my self I would have someone to show mew to program an ESC or someone tune my engine ....but we won't know if best buy would because it's not gonna be in stores were just a forth party sellers!!

GoffeeRedCat

Ohh and standard protection plans only cover normal wear and tear...so a fried esc won't be covered but then again its up to Traxxas if they wanna cover it in the first year or if they wanna sell us escs cheaper....but then again it'll be just sold online as bestbuy being a forth party seller....Ohh and BTW if you guys are wondering why I'm defending BestBuy is because I'm all about having jobs for people ei. Retail store or online in the USA!! (No offense to hobbyking) I don't shop at hobbyking.com and press all warehouse or find an available overseas product button. I wanna the US workers to be working, and I wanna make sure I'm buying from someone that has there stuff in a US warehouse (sorry that was kinda political I was out of a job for a couple months after circuit city closed)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts