• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wow!!!

GoffeeRedCat

So I was just watching a video on youtube (squirrelod's channel) about Traxxas being sold at Bestbuy!! I work for bestbuy and we don't sell hobby grade RCs in our store its in our website and were a forth party seller!! what grinds my gears is he basically said that traxxas is selling out and bestbuy is trying to make a quick buck (ahhhmm yeah BestBuy is a FOR PROFIT business of cousre theyre going to try every angle)!! and he also said that redcats arent hobby grade RCs!!! but he also says that bestbuy is a crappy store and services suck!! bestbuy is trying to change that and i see the change in customer service!! I personally being a fairly new hire do not give crappy customer service i always go above and beyond for my customers!! To me in my opinion hes giving BestBuy and Traxxas a bad name!!

RampageHopUps

Thats funny. He knows nothing about the brands he was talking about. Losi at Wal-Mart? They have such tight control over their re-sellers, that will never happen.

rchobby89

I dnt know why he would say that redcat is not a hobby grade rc he has another video where he has a redcat rampage tt it said its better then the hpi baja

Deluge

rchobby89 said:
I dnt know why he would say that redcat is not a hobby grade rc he has another video where he has a redcat rampage tt it said its better then the hpi baja
I saw this vid, as well. He said nothing but good things about Redcat.

G

I honestly think negative options should be kept to ones self. Offering positive alternatives is the way to go. Just trashing never accomplishes anything. Just like mom said when I was a kid. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

Deluge

People would be buying a lot of junk if that were the case. Sometimes a negative opinion is necessary. Kind of off topic, though.

When it comes to R/C's, I support the hobby shops. Local or online. Getting a Stampede or a Revo at BestBuy, would be like getting a GE fridge at HobbyTown. Doesn't make sense.

G

Understood.. I am all for ratings. They just need to be supported and compaired with a silimar product and price point.

I also support the specialty shops. It is always great to deal with people who understand what they sell. :)

GoffeeRedCat

Me too I'm all for buying them at hobby shops!! He made it out to be that best buy has no right to sell the revo or stampede!! Like I said before bestbuy is a for profit business..if they can get an angle on something they would take that angle!! But I wouldn't mind selling RCs in my store!! Plus I'd get bestbuys awesome discount!!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GoffeeRedCat said:
I wouldn't mind selling RCs in my store!! Plus I'd get bestbuys awesome discount!!
I always see the gamers just hang'n out playing the PS3, XBox, & Wii. I'd be in there racing the demos up and down the isles. :D

Deluge

He made some good points, though. Why sell a product if you can't support it? Or have no intention of supporting it? Personally, I think BestBuy is selling Traxxas products because Traxxas has been taking advantage of the iPod, the iPad, etc. Imagine walking into a BestBuy for an XO-1, you know what their pitch would be. "You won't be able to unlock that 100mph speed without a super sweet iPad...which we happen to sell."

RampageHopUps

Its no different than the internet guys selling products they have never seen or actually run. Drop shippers anyone? Call the factory for repair or warranty, I'm sitting in my underwear selling these cool toys.

G

RampageHopUps said:
Its no different than the internet guys selling products they have never seen or actually run. Drop shippers anyone? Call the factory for repair or warranty, I'm sitting in my underwear selling these cool toys.
LOL good point.

G

Deluge said:
He made some good points, though. Why sell a product if you can't support it? Or have no intention of supporting it? Personally, I think BestBuy is selling Traxxas products because Traxxas has been taking advantage of the iPod, the iPad, etc. Imagine walking into a BestBuy for an XO-1, you know what their pitch would be. "You won't be able to unlock that 100mph speed without a super sweet iPad...which we happen to sell."
That is correct. That is the job of the marketing dept. What can we bring in to sell, and increase sales of other products?.

REVOlutionary Rampage

I just saw the video and... hold on to your hat's this is a biggie :D

A: It seemed like he was using Redcat etc.. as an example. I love my Rampage, but I have had some experience with their smaller stuff. Most of which friends owned and I fixed for them which wasn't good. I still like Redcat though.

B: Squirrel asked the question "would you buy Traxxas etc.. from BB?" I wouldn't, because and the point he was making was a hobby shop, has or should have people in it who know or should know the hobby. A drone from BB isn't necessarily going to know what KV the Traxxas brushless is because on top of selling R/C they sell TV etc...etc.. and unless their in the hobby advise you on the finer points of R/C. A hobby shop may be better and more help in that aspect. the knowledge and experience in a hobby shop can help somebody decide what to buy.

I try to buy from my surrounding hobby shops. Only one carries Redcat. This hobby shop 5 times out of 10 has somebody who only can look up part # not necessarily help you decide on the better part to get. Then the part usually has to be ordered. The other HS is better but doesn't carry Redcat and is 1/8th the size of the bigger shop. You also have to order most everything. Because of this I go online because its usually significantly cheaper $30 for a clutch compared to $50 at the bigger of the two hobby shops for the same clutch. The part would then need to be ordered and shipped usually in a week. Keep in mind DDM, LSRC, and others ship in this amount of time or less for cheaper. Adding to this the nearest hobby shops are 45 min to an hour away so you can see why I choose online. Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.... :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts