• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wow!!! This Is An Expensive Hobby Lol

satttheman

I did not plan on going all out like this lol. christmas in july and august. i'll be getting packages from saturday to next saturday. so far i ordered:

Rampage TT

Rampage Rally

ONB 27.2 Full Mod

ONB Race Ported GP290

DDM Dom

JetPro Side Pipe

2-Futaba R603FS

2-4200mah pack

Walbro Wt-813

Hpi Clutch Spring Set

2-Hpi Air Filters

2-Hitec 5745

still have to order:

either hitec 5645 or hitec 985

drive cup savers

tygon fuel line

satttheman

yea its alot... i just have to decide what th/br servos to get the 985 are faster and alittle servo but idk if its worth the money. im a parking lot racer/basher so my servos don't get beat on.

satttheman

it didnt help lol. im still up in the air i have till monday a=cause it the weekend and it wont ship till monday anyway. largescalerc guys switched and are running those hitec 985's. idk someone with both chime in please.

Z

ZielkeRacing

I have 645;s and ther great, I don't have the MT tires mounted though.

satttheman

idk i had a 645 a few years ago and it never centered right. im not really a hitec fan because of that. i wait a rhino but i don't want to wait 2-4 weeks for two. i figure if i buy good/digital/corless hitec im less likely to had the glitching and center problem that i had before. maybe im wrong maybe the qaulity is better. i you guys truely thing so i try the 645. and use that $75 in saves on something else.

satttheman

the TT came today around 11am i already installed the upgrade kit, threadlocker every screw that goes into metal, and tighted every screw. wasn't as bad as i thought. i love power tools!

IMADMAN

Any hobby can be expensive. But truth be told, I have WAAAAYYYY less invested in 2 of my MT/TT's compared to my 1 Baja. Both are slightly modded.

Funny thing too is that the funfactor is just as big as when I had my Baja.

satttheman

yea true all my hobbies are expensive. this is one of my cheaper hobbies lol. i just love toys. i hear what your saying the rampages are reasonable and are way cheaper than hpi baja to mod but theres not a big aftermarket for them yet. i spend alot in these past two days i couldve bought two hpi 5t. i cant wait to run these things. it will be interesting to see how much the quality has improved since the first batches.

kryptonite

i know what you mean about the 645 centering. i tried them on my revo and savvy(old school) and they straight sucked. with the throttle/brake i don't notice or have any centering issues. i thought i would need more torque, but as you know from the old MT, the redcat brakes are pretty good. i ordered one for the mt, didnt have any issues, so i order 2 more for the other rigs.. where's the pics bra!!

satttheman

didnt get much today but heres what i got:

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

ok im going to order the 645's so how they do. no one chimed in on the 5645 or the 985 so i gues most guys arent running them.

ps krypto change your profile pic please everytime i see you that truck i want to order a mt. that thing is sweet i like the drag race vid of it. your a bad influence with all them rampages. i might have to complete the family and order a mt v2.

satttheman

ordered some shreadhead v-stacks and another 5745 i think i might try some servos i have i have one jr 8800t laying around. also ill probably be order a v2 roller. cause i wanted to change my tt into a trophy truck but i like the buggy to so im probabl going to get a mt. hopefully i get my motors, pipe, seals, from ONB today also my rally comes today and my rx, filters, springs and 813 will be coming from DDM today.

DemonRC

I would highly recommend getting the following soon as possible:

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?productId=267&categoryId=6

and

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?productId=268&categoryId=6

The first one is more of a priority.

satttheman

man i almost ordered these on my order from largescalerc. i guess ill order them now i was getting them for the rally. should i get them for the tt too???

DemonRC

Ya I'd order them for the TT for sure since your gonna be running offroad with it. Your gauranteed to break those. The 2nd part, Steering Mount B, is preference. I broke 2 of those from hard cartwheels. The first part you can sneeze on it and it'll break.

You might also want to see this thread on shocks:

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=1118

Once you upgrade the shocks, temper the diff cup shafts, and get metal gears you should be bulletproof.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts