• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Worth upgrading wheels on TT?

rezac

Sweet deal. I will be sticking with the Integy ones for now till I have some type of problem. I put a groove in them for an o-ring to sit in. They aren't bad with a little modification.

Obeast44

Banned
mooman007uk said:
hpi axle extenders? best ones out there are the VP 8mm extended ones...you'll need 4 rears..they're only $25 bucks a pair. been running them for over a year with no problems, they also retain the pins with thick orings which is nice
+1 On the Vertigo extenders.

hamster huey

rezac said:
The Integy ones use a pin just like the stock ones. the problem is that there is nothing to keep the pin there. My stock ones are the same way except the rim goes over the pin so it can't move anywhere. Once I get my new ones I will show you the differences.
The stock ones are not held in place by the rim sliding over the pin. They are held in place by a set screw in the axle. You might be missing the set screw or it may have backed out allowing the pin to slide giving the appearance that it is only held in place with the rim. I have had both the Integy and HPI.

rezac

There were no set screw in either of the ones I got in the last package. There are no threads for a set screw to go into either that I remember seeing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts