• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

worn tires

ramnutss67

Hi guys, I have a question? why are the two rear tires on my rampage mt wear way faster than the ones up front? being 4 wheels drive i would think they wear the same. only have about 25% dread left on the rear but the front looks almost new, i did check all the dogbones and they all intact,

please help!! :confused:

racetruck

It sounds like you have lost a dogbone pin in the front i would hold the rear tires off the ground and move the front tires back forth and see if the front tires will move if they move check and see what dogbone is slipping :eek:

chevy

Yes check every part of the driveline like racetruck said also if your familiar with dissasimbling the front diff might wanna open it up and make sure the internal gears are working properly, theirs also a grub screw on the inside diff case you can tighten or loosen to adjust diff

Gee

Contributor
Couldn't the differntial fluid levels/weight effect this also? I've adjusted the handling characteristics of some of my 1/8th buggy by changing the wieght of the fluid in the differentials. Say if the rear differential is empty and the front is full there would be less resistance in the rear allowing it to burn rubber vs the front being full.........

E5B

ramnutss67 said:
Hi guys, I have a question? why are the two rear tires on my rampage mt wear way faster than the ones up front? being 4 wheels drive i would think they wear the same. only have about 25% dread left on the rear but the front looks almost new, i did check all the dogbones and they all intact,
please help!! :confused:
i think im the first to say this..but i think the problem is your rear wheel alignment.. The rear wheels are toed in, theyre not adjustable(fixed in place)....so, try adjusting your rear wheel Camber..hope this helps

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts