• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Won't start

Deluge

Sergio said:
Is it possible I seized the engine like I said the plug was burnt I got the new plug and it started on the second pull but I just wanted to see if it would start but today I tried to run my mt and it wouldn't start and I manage to ruin the pull star so I had to order a new one but now I'm worried that my engine is no longer good. Or is it ok like I said It did started once.
Pull the exhaust off and look into the exhaust port. If the side of the piston is scratched to hell, you have problems. You'll have to pull the cylinder and see how extensive the damage is. If you don't see any scratches, you're fine.

Deluge

Sergio said:
So the engine is good. Won't be able to start it I messed up the pull start I just order a new one but that will take a week. The carb I have 1 1/2 H and 1 1/4 L
Should fire up with those settings. Try opening up the idle a little bit.

Deluge

Sergio said:
Plug has to be good I mean I looks good. When I checked the old plug on the chart you gave me I was afraid my engine was ruined so when I got the new plug I wanted to see if it would start so at this point point the carb was still the way it was so I started it and I soon it fired up I killed it so it only ran for half a minute maybe less and then yesterday I reseted the carb to hsn 1 1/2 turn out and the Lsn to 1 1/4 and this is where the thing would not start I pulled and pulled checked the plug figured maybe engine was flooded but seem ok pulled and pulled and nothing checked the plug again and did some more pulling and then the pull star snapped so that stopped me cause none of my local hobby shops had a pull start so I went and order the fancy TR v2 from Dave 's but that is gonna take at least 5 day I think(hope it takes less) . As long I as didn't ruin that engine I'm happy
Did you pull the plug and let the cylinder air out a little? How do you usually start it?

Sergio

Deluge said:
Did you pull the plug and let the cylinder air out a little? How do you usually start it?
Yeah I had the plug out for a good 5 minutes I'll try the idle as soon as I get my new pull start.

G

Sergio said:
Yeah I had the plug out for a good 5 minutes I'll try the idle as soon as I get my new pull start.
If it was wet in there you need to let it air out for awhile. You can flip the car upside down and pull the cord a couple times.

Sergio

Funny I just read a tread about the aluminum manifold and Teflon gaskets and how you can have air leaks and that will make your truck run lean well I put one of those on my mt never checked the bolts so I may have that problem too. Sucks I didn't read it before I would have order some extra from Dave's :mad:

Sergio

Sergio said:
Funny I just read a tread about the aluminum manifold and Teflon gaskets and how you can have air leaks and that will make your truck run lean well I put one of those on my mt never checked the bolts so I may have that problem too. Sucks I didn't read it before I would have order some extra from Dave's :mad:
This is probably why the thing was running lean cause when I first installed my 990 I never did any adjusting to the carb I was running it on the default settings. Sucksssssss:(

Deluge

Yep. Might have to trim the carb bolts. Common issue. Do a test fit off of the engine with the gaskets you plan to use. If they stick out the back of the intake, they need to be cut. Not hard to do.

Deluge

Sergio said:
If the gaskets aren't damaged, you can reuse them.

G

Sergio said:
This is probably why the thing was running lean cause when I first installed my 990 I never did any adjusting to the carb I was running it on the default settings. Sucksssssss:(
You should check the needles with a new carb before you run it. They might not be at the base settings. I can't remember any new carb that came with the needles correct. Close, but still not where they should have been.

Deluge

They don't come pre-set. Different applications require different settings. So you need to set them yourself.

Sergio

Sergio said:
Yeah I read that you can use them again but i like having those spare parts my wife, the baby and work don't let me run my rampage very often and when I'm missing something I got to order it and then wait and when I finally get it I can't run it :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.