• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

witch is the new version pin or square?

G

I am glad to hear that. I'm going to look at the Dune Runners and see if they have changed also.

Dreggsta

G

brad1161 said:
1:1 is a little low gearing. We run on and off road. He got 31 and 29 tooth for $46 shipped.
That depends on your application, tire size, motor choice. You won't run out of rpms on a 1:1 with most motors. I could not tell a difference in top speed with the 1:1 compared to 31-29 gearing. It did not show a higher rpm reading either.

G

Also keep in mind the C & D gears come 24-26 which steps the ratio down again.

G

Yep it is official. I paid Redcat a visit. All the new MTs and Dune Runners are now coming in with the same square drive system as the X-series cars.

brad1161

RCDAD said:
Yep it is official. I paid Redcat a visit. All the new MTs and Dune Runners are now coming in with the same square drive system as the X-series cars.
I havent had any issues with the 4 pin style.

rampagemt

Re: witch is the new version pin or square?

I hate the 4 pin setup. I was never able to keep the pin in the aluminum gear holders. I got the square drive gearplate just need the rest to switch. I wish I would have waited to get the mt now as the square drives are a lot nicer

G

RampageCrazy26cc said:
my mt has the square step has well got mine 2 years ago
Did it come with metal gears and a metal gear plate. A couple years ago there could have been a few V2s left. The V2 had the square drives.

krashkrieg

Contributor
I got my MT 3 years ago just when the v3 was released ...plastic gears and square drive...for the next 6 months to year all MTs had this setup...

RampageCrazy26cc

RCDAD said:
Did it come with metal gears and a metal gear plate. A couple years ago there could have been a few V2s left. The V2 had the square drives.
no came with plastic gears and a plastic gear plate,came with extra gears as wheel,

G

You probably have one of the first run V3s.

G

Do you have the droop tabs on the chassis under the lower suspension arms. If yes, then you have the V3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts