• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

witch is the new version pin or square?

brad1161

My Mt is only a year old and it has the 4 pin style gears. My buddy just got a new mt and it has the square drive. My mt alum gear plate has all the same size bearings his has different size. Any info? thanks

G

Are you sure your buddy did not get the XT?

The square drive and small bearing plate had never came on the MT. Those are X-series vehicles parts.

brad1161

it not an XT. its the MT. Brand new and has square drive.

brad1161

gear plate looks like. 050004 Aluminum Gear Mount. He wants dunerunner gears. i see yours is out of stock

rcgasser

Ok they change them out to the square drive they come pin stock. That is not stock setup there.

G

Well holy crap! LOL

Some times changes happen before Redcat even knows or it's just a fluke. HSP changed the air filter style and Redcat found out as new product came in. It might be a change to simplify inventory. I've never been a fan of the 4 pin gears. Thanks for the pic.

brad1161

RCDAD said:
Well holy crap! LOLSome times changes happen before Redcat even knows or it's just a fluke. HSP changed the air filter style and Redcat found out as new product came in. It might be a change to simplify inventory. I've never been a fan of the 4 pin gears. Thanks for the pic.
he is running 5T tires and hpi wheels. Needs higher gears. 29 and 31 be good for him.

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
Well holy crap! LOLSome times changes happen before Redcat even knows or it's just a fluke. HSP changed the air filter style and Redcat found out as new product came in. It might be a change to simplify inventory. I've never been a fan of the 4 pin gears. Thanks for the pic.
Yea the pins always rip the holes in the gear to a lager size after awhile then there is to much play in the gears.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts