• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wing mod?

ChuenouXiao

Anyone here know any good wing mod for my XB? MCD WING? I want a wider wing if there is any out there? Anyone try a custom made wing?

DemonRC

The MCD mounting holes are a little different so you will have to drill new holes. It is a bigger wing though. I don't think it's as tough as ours. I've cracked one before. The XB wing just bends.

ChuenouXiao

DemonRC said:
The MCD mounting holes are a little different so you will have to drill new holes. It is a bigger wing though. I don't think it's as tough as ours. I've cracked one before. The XB wing just bends.
Be nice if Redcat make a wider wing.....

G

I don't know of any wider than the MCD. The Baja wings are about the same size. You can use spacers on the wing stay instead of drilling new holes.

2218f2d0.jpg

Ildy666

I was thinking about making a bigger,beefier looking wing out sheet metal.Let me know what size you think it should be.

Ildy666

Good lookin out.but it seems the wing should be bigger.I got sheet metal and welders at work so i like to try to build a wing.honestly if i roll my mt with my luck something always breaks .any suggestions other than sheet metal?

k.jensen

Here is my XB wing mode, I used a Elcon-Models wing I took of a friends hands.

when you get the wing there is no holes in it so you need to drill holes that will fit your car. the wing is highly flexible.

http://www.elcon-models.com/product.php?id_product=505

The wing mounted

Compared to the original wing

Testing the Flex.

After flex test:

It's really looking good on the XB

k.jensen

I'm glad you all think it looks good, I do so myself, the wing is about 1 cm wider than the original and thereby gives a much better look. overall I'm happy with this elcon wing and it only took 5 min to measure up and drill the holes.. :)

Ildy666

Just finished the wing, what do you guys think? It's made of 14 gauge sheet metal, roll this thing over everything else will break besides the wing. Should I paint it and who wants one?

2de86c77.jpg

96d18a9c.jpg

849122f7.jpg

ChuenouXiao

Ildy666 said:
Just finished the wing, what do you guys think? It's made of 14 gauge sheet metal, roll this thing over everything else will break besides the wing. Should I paint it and who wants one? :( I want one but I want the wing to be wider.... just as wide as the tire :D

ChuenouXiao

k.jensen said:
Here is my XB wing mode, I used a Elcon-Models wing I took of a friends hands.when you get the wing there is no holes in it so you need to drill holes that will fit your car. the wing is highly flexible.

It's really looking good on the XB
Don't get me wrong... I think the wing looks nice... but it's just not wide enough. I want the wing to be as wide as the two rear tires...... can you make one?

ChuenouXiao

Ildy666 said:
Sure i can make one.what's it going on xb or tt?
XB :D I will drill the whole when it gets here :D How much you want for it? Note that it should as wide as the rear tires regarding width. Note I have all terrain tires.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

How about measuring and giving me the specs.lot easier then me guessing.i have a mt its a little wider.shoot me a pm...

ChuenouXiao

Ildy666 said:
How about measuring and giving me the specs.lot easier then me guessing.i have a mt its a little wider.shoot me a pm...
Here is your pix but under my spec. Anything I did not mention... keep it as it is base off of your pix. How much will it cost me bud? :D I will paint it when I receive it. It will look nice!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts