• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Who wants to watch me break my new body...

nanoali

ouch, i posted in the introducing post of this body, too bad see this. bad bash day bro.

best luck for you

looker2756

Contributor
Awesome video & editing. Man does that suck your body got broken. Neat editing of sound effect though ;) . Get you some HPI bottoms in those shocks & no more "bendy". All in a days fun ... :D

6victor6

Contributor
Got hpi bottoms, and about to install em soon.. I gotta admit it's getting old.. pack it all up, find a spot, and 15 minutes later, I'm loading it back up... fixing this all the time.. starting to wear on me a bit.. I have yet to run an entire tank. I'm loosing faith in this thing. :( I keep trying though.. But I gotta admit I've been eyeballing other cars the last few days.

yolonda21

Contributor
6victor6 said:
Got hpi bottoms, and about to install em soon.. I gotta admit it's getting old.. pack it all up, find a spot, and 15 minutes later, I'm loading it back up... fixing this all the time.. starting to wear on me a bit.. I have yet to run an entire tank. I'm loosing faith in this thing. :( I keep trying though.. But I gotta admit I've been eyeballing other cars the last few days.
LOL......man you have only just begun..... :D

Wait until this happens a few times, 4th set of metal gears, 3rd broken lay shaft..........

002-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

I really feel your pain. Ive been there. Youre lucky if you have the $ to fix it. Sometimes mine looks at me for a week or 2 when Im saving $ for parts. The worst is like you know putting something on brand new and breaking it or burning it up. :mad: :( I lug my 30 pounders around the house, charge all my batts, mix some gas, bring my spare parts and tools, decide if Im filming, test run before I leave, drive 30 minutes (usually). You know what makes it worth it if your car breaks? Having a 2nd one with you. I was running a Ramp and 5T but Im going back to 2 ramps. My second spare is not going to be all hopped up though, just enough to function as a spare. I figure if I have 2 of the same they can share parts and I have to have less parts on hand. Were those the 4mm shock shafts or 5mm shock shafts? I started with Redcat 4mm, then got a full set of HPI front shocks, now I run Redcat 5mm. Hpi shafts don't bend they snap off the bottom....

Long post but I do feel your pain.......

I cant say any more....... :(

I had a bad expensive day too.......

hamster huey

don't lost faith in it. Hopefully once its bullet proof the only things you will break will be due to driver error. Thats the way mine is.

6victor6

Contributor
hamster huey said:
don't lost faith in it. Hopefully once its bullet proof the only things you will break will be due to driver error. Thats the way mine is.
I keep hoping for that too.. I've had a lot of rcs and sometimes I get just right and they seem to last and last and I've had other I just gotta abandon and move on to something else... You had a 5t? Not a good experience?

6victor6

Contributor
hamster huey said:
I really feel your pain. Ive been there. Youre lucky if you have the $ to fix it. Sometimes mine looks at me for a week or 2 when Im saving $ for parts. The worst is like you know putting something on brand new and breaking it or burning it up. :mad: :( I lug my 30 pounders around the house, charge all my batts, mix some gas, bring my spare parts and tools, decide if Im filming, test run before I leave, drive 30 minutes (usually). You know what makes it worth it if your car breaks? Having a 2nd one with you. I was running a Ramp and 5T but Im going back to 2 ramps. My second spare is not going to be all hopped up though, just enough to function as a spare. I figure if I have 2 of the same they can share parts and I have to have less parts on hand. Were those the 4mm shock shafts or 5mm shock shafts? I started with Redcat 4mm, then got a full set of HPI front shocks, now I run Redcat 5mm. Hpi shafts don't bend they snap off the bottom....
Long post but I do feel your pain.......

I cant say any more....... :(

I had a bad expensive day too.......
they were the 4mm... well I got the hpi's here now so we'll see how they do I guess.

hamster huey

Heres my impression of life at the HPI house:

"hey son would you like to go off roading today?"

"Gee dad Id love to but I have homework and the 5t is only 2wd"

"don't worry son you can do it in the car and we'll stay away from those rampage guys"

My opinion: The 5b/5t is fun with a cherry on top but 2wd isnt my thing. The best combo for them is 23/26cc and a 5t muffler. Anything else results in too much wheel spin. I havent tried those track pipes though that are supposed the be soft on the low end. Thats why I would rather have a Rampage. It can use the power the engine makes.

6victor6

Contributor
hamster huey said:
Heres my impression of life at the HPI house:
"hey son would you like to go off roading today?"

"Gee dad Id love to but I have homework and the 5t is only 2wd"

"don't worry son you can do it in the car and we'll stay away from those rampage guys"

My opinion: The 5b/5t is fun with a cherry on top but 2wd isnt my thing. The best combo for them is 23/26cc and a 5t muffler. Anything else results in too much wheel spin. I havent tried those track pipes though that are supposed the be soft on the low end. Thats why I would rather have a Rampage. It can use the power the engine makes.
hehe... I see.. Yeah I gotta admit I kinda dig the 5t.. well from watching vids and whatnot.. I've had quite a few 2wd 10th scale buggies in the past and enjoyed them a lot.. But 4wd is cool for sure.. Thats why Im here I guess. :)

thanks hamster...

looker2756

Contributor
My Rampage has been good once I took the time to change & fix the weak points. I did break an HPI shock end off once, but never bent a shaft & I sent it sailing MANY times. The 5t is a good jumper, but you can still occasionally break a front arm or shock shaft. I find most of my damage when it's colder, & when I get to pushing the limits. So I've broken about everything at one point or another :D .

Evildomain

Contributor
The only time my truck pissed me off is ten minutes into the first tank the shock shaft busted. It didn't even bend, just broke off. I installed the 5mm shaft and no problems, yet. I have done some mods but mostly stuff to support the frame. Other than losing a couple screws due to vibrations nothing too bad has happened. I've run about ten tanks through mine with the 28.5cc headkit. I haven't even stripped my plastic gears yet but I am waiting for that to happen...lol

Anyway, sorry you are having all these issues man. Don't give up yet.

ParkerNT

You'll get all the bugs worked out :) I turned screws more than I turned the tires for the first couple weeks. Like you, everytime I took it out it was 30 minutes of play and 2 hours of fixing... I started to get discouraged and disgruntled too, but stick in there and it'll be a bad mamajama... The good news is nearly everything only needs fixing once. When I break something, I put it back stronger and better, the list of things that can break is getting shorter and shorter ;)

I lost both steering servoes in the first 15 minutes...then spent a week looking at it in the floor til I got new servos in the mail. I've broken a shock end of a HPI along with a limiting cable...went to all alum RC4WD shocks and nylon straps (good choice).

Go through and do all the mods for durability, soon it'll be 2 hours of running and 30 minutes of working on it! Now that I don't have to work on it ALL the time, the maintainence and down time is part of the fun

Parker

kirkhayes37

Yep, I really struggled with my MT for about a month before I got all the bugs worked out. Now, it is pretty darn reliable....but not as realiable as my 5t. My 5t with a 30.5 hauls the mail and proline excavators, gets tons of traction. HPI has 99% of the bugs worked out if the 5t. Right now, I enjoy my 5t more. I can count on it staying together. Now, if HPI comes out with a 4WD...I will buy it! I love HPI quality.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts