• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

which tires do you like? nobby's or all terrains?

Dreggsta

these nobbies:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290856148160?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_4045wt_649

or a/t's:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/King-Motor-1-5-RC-Baja-All-Terrain-Rims-Tires-Full-Set-Front-Rear-HPI-Compatible-/300781134631?pt=US_Radio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item4607f3e327#ht_3485wt_887

nobby's are 6.75" tall

a/t's are 6.5" tall

both fronts are 2.5"

both rears are 3.25"

the a/t's would offer a gear reduction in their smaller diameter.

which do y'all prefer? i like the wheels the nobby's are on as they have a metal hex. i figure the a/t's would be easier on the drivetrain tho.

rcgasser

both of those KM will have soft foam in them so if you are running anything with some power they will balloon alot and tear off of the bead locks nobbies are better for dirt and the lower tread is better for on road.

Dreggsta

i figured the a/t's would be more for on road use. i run a/t's on my 6" lifted chevy. i hardly ever go off road w/it. i know the nobby's are more aggressive as i like to hill climb w/my xt. choices choices lol.

rcgasser

No problem at all I rand them on the stock D/R with no problems at all then I rand them on the D/R 30.5 long block kept ripping off the bead locks had to by HD bead locks. Then I raned some on a 5T with a 3speed in it and tore all the back tires to pieces. Thats why I said if you run anything with some power on it those tires are going to make you very upset.

Dreggsta

so i take it the nobby's are a bit stiffer then? i'm running a stock motor w/ngk plug, 990 carb & dom pipe. is that too much powa for the nobby tires?

also, when you say hd bead locks, do you mean like the poison hd bead locks that are on the nobby's in the 1st link i posted or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

These would be an example of the HD bead locks http://www.davesmotors.com/nc15x they are alot thicker and stiffer then stock bead locks and the screw holes are smaller which allows the material to be held on stronger to the wheel then stock. The nobby,s the tire itself would be thicker but its the foam inside that makes the tire balloon if you was to get stronger stiffer inserts then the tire would be ok but by the time you buy all the extras you would just come out better get some proline or hostiles tires.

Dreggsta

ok i'm a lil confused. the link you gave is for just the bead locks. are those all i need for the poison hd's or are you saying to also buy better wheels?

i like the typing better lol. a lot easier to read haha :D :)

rcgasser

I was just giving you an example of the HD beadlocks I would just by better set of different tires and wheels not the KM.

Dreggsta

Ok, so, lol, I went w/both of the links I posted. I also bought a set of wheel adapters from rcdad. I didn't want the offset that the ramtechs give. I wanted to stay stock wheelbase/offset.

Thank you very much to all that helped. Y'all responded very quickly. I opted to get these tires bc I want to try out different tire types. I did this w/atv's & trucks til I found out for myself what I liked. They weren't my preferred choice but for the price of the proline's I got 2 sets of tires for the price of one. Also, the a/t's are .25" smaller which will affect gearing & weight so I get to play around w/gearing too to see how my cat reacts.

Thank you guys. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Cool, let us know how they perform for ya.

And thanks for the order.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts