• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Which Savox servo for Dunerunner steering and throttle?

jandmt

Anyone here use Savox servos on their 1/5 scale? Which model do you use for steering and throttle?

They make 2 servos for 1/5 scale models SV-0235MG which has less torque but is faster and SV-0236MG which has more torque but is slightly slower. Both of which can be seen here http://www.savoxusa.com/category_s/55.htm

Which model would you use for steering and throttle?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

timberbill11

Supporting Member
Savox Servos

I am using the Savox Sevos:

On XT = CS - 1232 SG for throttle

SV - 0236 MG for steering

On MT = Same except 2 steering servos.

On Dune Runner = CS - 1232 SG for throttle

2 High Tech HS - 5755 MG for steering

Have had good luck with all but may prefer the savox.

In the winter for on ice use I put dual steering servos (savox) on the XT to help overcome the straight line pull of the screws on the front.

Bill

jandmt

Thanks. After much research, I'm trying to get my hands on a pair of Muliplex Rhino Pro 4 HV Digi's. Can't beat their .8 sec speed at 7.4v with still a very decent amount of torque.

jandmt

Just an FYI. The savox SV-0235mg and 0236mg are not a direct fit on the dunerunner. It's 6mm longer requiring modification to the servo mount.

Hitec 5765 is a direct fit though. Probably should have gone with that, but I wanted the extra torque.

Bigtim1969

jandmt said:
Just an FYI. The savox SV-0235mg and 0236mg are not a direct fit on the dunerunner. It's 6mm longer requiring modification to the servo mount. Hitec 5765 is a direct fit though. Probably should have gone with that, but I wanted the extra torque.
The Hitec 5765 MH isn't a direct fit :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts