• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Which engine?

chefjness

BIG 4x4. I know the 23 wont cut it. What engine will drop right in and make this this haul?

Cheers,

John

hal001

I am sure a nice 28cc head kit or 30.5 head kit is just what the doctor ordered. I do believe rampagehopups sell's the 28cc head kit's for these at a reasonable price. Or the usual ddm or tgn.

redcatmt

hellya..............Which Dom pipe will work with this truck and how will it mod up ????

Thanks

J

Last edited by a moderator:

hellya

redcatmt said:
hellya..............Which Dom pipe will work with this truck and how will it mod up ????
Thanks

J
Baja dominator made my 23cc engine come alive a my KM baja... I saw the pipe mounted to the Rampage in a video and I like the performance

They had a 30.5 in the truck too.

heres the video

Last edited by a moderator:

fourwheeler

I hadn't seen that second vid with the dominator pipe, looks like it really works well with the Rampage and the 4WD system to create alot of bottom end torque.

chefjness

hellya said:
Baja dominator made my 23cc engine come alive a my KM baja... I saw the pipe mounted to the Rampage in a video and I like the performance
They had a 30.5 in the truck too.

heres the video

Are you saying that this vid is with the domonator pipe (obviously I see it) AND a 30.5. What kind of mod does the pipe need to work with the MT. It looks like it was extended to reach the head.

Just_Gerald

The pipe fits pretty well with just chopping off the header pipe about halfway along and adding a chunk of tubing, I suggest something a little better then heater hose tho, we burnt thru it in one tank. THe combo made a lot of bottom end torque, actually too much, going to gear it up and see what kind of speed we can gt out of it, bought the buggy 29 tooth gear, see what that does. taking it out tomorrow, will have more vid.

Also fixed the diff and installed the hardened dowel pins, see if they'll hold up.

fourwheeler

chefjness said:
What about Robs suggestion of the 28 head kit + Xcan?
That would make a good all around combination. And it is a pretty easy swap.

RampageHopUps

Don't go crazy with the power yet. Unless you want to upgrade some other parts first. I would put MCD dogbones in if you are going for the 30.5.

NitroBurn

I ordered me a 29cc race ported headkit with 2mm stuffed crank from DDM today. Will be ordering an x-can and some shock springs from Rob as soon as he gets a red one.

Skater229

RampageHopUps said:
Don't go crazy with the power yet. Unless you want to upgrade some other parts first. I would put MCD dogbones in if you are going for the 30.5.
Are the MCD dogbones a direct fit? And what else is a beefer part that is a bolt on from the MCD?

Skater

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts