• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

where can i get a bigger engine than a 30.5 r how can i make it faster

zack24

how can i make my 30.5 cc engine better r where can i get a bigger better 1

zack24

thanks for advise

but will this monstor motor work for my new xt

www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.4517/.f

zack24

thanks man u really helped me...1 more question wat settings do i run my stock xt on 2 get the most speed an power

G

Until it's broke in you should be 1.5 turns out on the low needle and 1.25 out on the high. This is not for performance. It is on the rich side to keep things lubed and the temp down during break in. Once you have a few tanks through it you can start to lean it out for performance. The stock carbs are ok but not as consistent as a walbro. So I can't give a awnser on a setting. I have a MT and a XB and the settings are different. Just do small amounts at a time with it running so you can hear the differences. Take notes and wright them down it will help you. The low needle normally is a little richer then the high. As you lean out the low needle the motor will start to rev up you can back off on the idle screw to compensate for this. For the high, place you car on a stand and run it full throttle as you lean it out. Once you have leaned it out to the point where it starts to cut out, richen it back out 1/8 a turn. Most of the time you end up around 1 to 1.25 on the low. And between .75 and 1 turns out on the high. If you go too lean you will seize it up. Invest in a laser temp gun. They can be a engine saver and their only about 30 bucks. You want to run around 250deg or cooler. The leaner you run the hotter you run. The unburnt fuel helps to cool. So richer runs cooler. The end goal is to find a happy medium.

Deluge

Also, check your plug color after you do a few speed runs. This will tell you if you're running too rich, or too lean. You want to aim for a light brown color, almost like a brown paper bag.

Plug Color Chart

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts