• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

When to start changing to Aluminum parts?

Blitzkrieg

I know it;s only time before the stock plastic A arms, knuckles, Tie rods act. will break, Did most of you wait until they broke or did you just go the Aluminum route from the get go?

Mycbr6rr

Blitzkrieg said:
I know it;s only time before the stock plastic A arms, knuckles, Tie rods act. will break, Did most of you wait until they broke or did you just go the Aluminum route from the get go?
Normally I just replace with aluminum when they break,I'm going a bit different route with my new Chimera I'm upgrading some stuff like the drive train to aluminum right away before I even drive it ,I can't even drive it till after Christmas anyway,I don't want it to break the first or second time I drive it.

Blitzkrieg

Mycbr6rr said:
Normally I just replace with aluminum when they break,I'm going a bit different route with my new Chimera I'm upgrading some stuff like the drive train to aluminum right away before I even drive it ,I can't even drive it till after Christmas anyway,I don't want it to break the first or second time I drive it.
I know the plastic isn't going to hold up to the punishment I'm planning to do to this thing! Part of the fun is modding and changing things to your style of playing! :D

chapinb

Plastic can often endure more than Alum, so don't upgrade and assume it's stronger.

I would wait except for a few places. For an average user these could wait too, but it sounds like you may as well get the basics out of the way.

Bearing holders front and rear. C-hubs. If you plan on any sort of power increase, the rear diff holders. Motor bearing housing.

Anything else I would wait till either it breaks or shows signs of stress.

G

chapinb said:
Plastic can often endure more than Alum, so don't upgrade and assume it's stronger. I would wait except for a few places. For an average user these could wait too, but it sounds like you may as well get the basics out of the way.

Bearing holders front and rear. C-hubs. If you plan on any sort of power increase, the rear diff holders. Motor bearing housing.

Anything else I would wait till either it breaks or shows signs of stress.
Yes, some flex is desirable. Plastic may break but the aluminum will bend. Either way it's good to keep some spares.

Whozenext

PrjctStrtFrce

Whozenext said:
Hello,Merry Christmas :)

I would like to change my bearings too, I saw some different grades of bearing when I looked for at some websites, I would like to buy those.

http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-inventory/21863/rc-car-truck-bearings/ceramic-lightning-econo-power/redcat-racing-rampage-xt-1/5-scale-gas

And I would like also to change to alloy parts like the hubs, the redcat one are fine or it's better to choose 7075RC?

Thank you.

Cheers.

Whoz.
Those bearings will get eaten up with off road driving...

Get these instead, as they are rubber sealed.

BertR

If you want. Durable hubs then go with the 7075rc hubs....Ol'fart uses over size bearings that boost the durability factors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.