• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

When is Redcat releasing A&B steel gears?

Clubin

Banned
I would just like to know, I can't keep them intact. I know there are lots of us that would buy a set rite away.

O`Show

Clubin said:
I would just like to know, I can't keep them intact. I know there are lots of us that would buy a set rite away.
Me to , just by 2 set mcd 30/33 . damn what a price for 30/30

but need more here in danmark , 27/33 ,28/32 , 29/31 , 30/30 .. for racing track

Clubin

Banned
mooman007uk said:
Hey Clubin are yours melting too? I thought mine was stones getting caught in the wheels and shearing off a tooth and then stripping but after another set a couple of days ago I think I was wrong...looks like A gear is getting very hot and then it softens and strips...however never did it before the diff cups were fixed as they'd always break first. i cannot get more than !/2 tank out of them before they let go.
I need all available ratios in steel...like now please Mr redcat
Yes, I have just about used up all my spare MCD gears, they almost last a tank of bashing. Then they just about pour out of the gear cover. lol

dboozer

amen, i have been smokin gears like crazy. Trying to race at the local track, sucks having to buy gears every time out.

dboozer

Yeah mine gets really hot also. No binding anywhere, no clutch draggin, etc.. still getting hot as hell. Need metal gears soon, plastic ones are getting expensive.

DemonRC

I've been having decent luck with my drilled out gear cover. Before I was burning a set of gears each run day. I noticed I could never get an entire tank through a set but if I ran no more than 15-20 minutes then took a smoke break, the gears would last. It had to be heat.

str8jailbird

thought i was one of the last coffin nail suckers on here! Seriously i must be lucky, I have and still bash a full tank without having had a/b gear issues yet with the 25/35. Now I have 27/33 I haven't had a tank on them yet, but the speed tests were a nice change.

C.B.

i still have my stockers too kinda hard to melt them when your rig is always broke

i do grease them too don't know if it helps but i think it does

i don't think anything will help moo though he sure knows how to destroy

kryptonite

why are we running gear covers any way. it seems when i go thru gears its simply couse they melt. fg doesn't use gear covers.. mcd doesn't use gear covers.. i ran my mt for 3 tanks straight with no cover couse im down to my last set of gears. im going to "neatly" cut face of the cover out so it has a little protection.. i would sugjest we all ditch the gear covers. we don't need them

NitroBurn

kryptonite said:
why are we running gear covers any way. it seems when i go thru gears its simply couse they melt. fg doesn't use gear covers.. mcd doesn't use gear covers.. i ran my mt for 3 tanks straight with no cover couse im down to my last set of gears. im going to "neatly" cut face of the cover out so it has a little protection.. i would sugjest we all ditch the gear covers. we don't need them
Wouldn't rocks destroy the gears without a cover?

DemonRC

I ran without a gear cover just to see if the gears will hold up. The Ramtech steel 25's pummeled the rocks into dust but I kept having to dig rocks out of the platic gears before they got too embedded into the plastic. I ended up drilling out my gear cover like Yolanda did and the gears are holding up.

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

NitroBurn said:
Wouldn't rocks destroy the gears without a cover?
i think the 4wd is more likely to have an issue with that becouse the front tires kicking dirt on the gears all day, but if you look around you will see that pretty much only hpi comes with a gear cover. fg,mcd,titan,lauterbacher.. none of them have gear covers and im sure i missed some.. our gears are just melting. mit gets hot in there. i ran more then 3 tanks in rocks, mudd, sand, and water all day last weekend with no cover on my mt or tt.. the stock gears looked perfect. i couldnt get more then 15 minutes out of them with a gear cover on.. just a thought..

kryptonite

catchaser said:
I ran without a gear cover just to see if the gears will hold up. The Ramtech steel 25's pummeled the rocks into dust but I kept having to dig rocks out of the platic gears before they got too embedded into the plastic. I ended up drilling out my gear cover like Yolanda did and the gears are holding up.
i agree.. maybe running no gear cover wont last too long. but cutting a small portion of the side will really help air it out..

Z

ZielkeRacing

I will give it a try too, drilling holes. I hate to sell it, it sounded awesome and started to get fater just within the 1/8th tank that I made it. I will be drilling holes tonight and see when this rain quits sometime this week.

Clubin

Banned
Any idea when the Redcat gears will be out, my MT is sitting on the shelf waiting for gears, I burnt up everything I had. How much longer do I need to wait. I am getting tired of looking at it missing parts.

RampageHopUps

OK< here is the update:

24/25/29/31/35 gears are done machining in China, and they are sending samples this week for testing. Cost will be much lower than the RAMTech gears, and will be sol din a set of 4 for each particular butty, truck or dune runner.

I will take them to my machine shop and test thier hardness, so we don't run into problems later down the road.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Thats awesome news, I will tell my buddy at his shop. Since they have also picked up and they havent even started with them. Thats great, great news! Thanks Rob.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts