• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

wheels and tires

mmbk

cuse the rampage tt is 4x4 is it better to put 2 sets of back wheels or normal sets?

Obeast44

Banned
I personally use 4 rears, lots of guys that race use 4 fronts. The only reason I went with 4 -rears is because mine is a truggy conversion and 4 fronts would look silly witht hat truck body up there.

fastlane

Team Driver
Obeast you got me thinkig about doing what pwaicon did with that mcd buggy body. Man decisions decisions. I really like that proline dessert rat but that buggy looks damn good with those tires. I don't know.

mmbk

am thinking that 4 rears are better looking and well make the car more stable cuse thire wider but i have seen a couble of races with 4 fronts it seems pretty good :S

what about the sand buster 4 rears on a sand dun is it stopid or a good idea:D

Obeast44

Banned
As soon as I can I will edit this post with a pic of my MT Pro/Truggy conversion w/Desperados and Mini MX V2 rears all around. Nothing too special but I like it.

Heres a pic finally with Mini MX v2 rears all around. I think 4 fronts would look a little silly.

RampageTruggy001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fastlane

Team Driver
the fronts are maybe a 1/4" more narrow than the tt wheels and I haven't tried mine yet but according to catchaser the fronts handle better. Silly or not I'd rather it handle better than look cool. I see you have the side dom on. Looks nice by the way.

Obeast44

Banned
The rears are about 1/2" wider than the TT wheels and a 1/2" shorter in diamter. Those are rough eyeball measurements of course.

In all honesty I don't see how 4 fronts could handle better....less tire to grip the ground. What 4 fronts gives you is less rotating mass, and less strain on the steering servo. With 4 fronts on the chassis can roll more inparting higher pressure on the outside of the rims. It gives the feeling of better turning but can dig in and catch causing a rollover. Id rather sacrifice a little rotating mass and keep the consistent handling characteristics 4-rears offers.

As far as the conversion goes, it was an MT Pro originally. I ordered the rear wing posts, the rear wing mounts and the rear wing itself. Some slight modifications had to be made to the MT rear bumper bracing and the wing posts. All in all its pretty easy to do. After that I followed what Kryptonite did on his to lwoer the body.

I finally got everything stiffened up like I want and am going to giver her a go this afternoon. I added Forists chassis braces (man they rock) and a new head gasket. Now maybe I can see what this 29cc OBR can put out with the side dom.

Last edited by a moderator:

badboy2

i was thinkin of doin all fronts or all rears but then i need to buy a pair of foams and rims for front or rears.i went with the stock set up.just bought the tires.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts