• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

wheel selection for mt.

redthomas

I've got a set of 40 series pro line tires..they're road tires and I'd like a chrome wheel..what's a couple to pick from? I either somehow don't know what to look for....or I'm not seeing them

Thanks

rampagemt

Re: wheel selection for mt.

You can't use the proline and even if they would fit can't hold up to the task of these big rcs. The prolines are for 8th scale

G

Yeah, the 40s just would not hold up. There are a lot better tires available for the 5th scales.

Dreggsta

here are some others that i was looking at too:

http://www.kingmotorrc.com/Buggy_All_Terrain_Wheels_with_Poison_Rims_set_of_p/km48.htm

http://www.kingmotorrc.com/Truck_Pioneer_Wheels_set_of_4_p/km116.htm

i'm skeptical of the wheels as the hex's are plastic & from what i have read they round out. the proline wheels have the metal hex's. i really like the tires in the 1st link. they remind me of the terminator atv tires. it'd be nice to be able to just get the tires. the one's in the 2nd link are over 7' tall. the wheels kinda look cheap but they are beadlocks so the ring should be reuseable right? anyways, just thot i'd share.

redthomas

7 1/2 inches tall....wow.I'm wanting something a little smaller. Not rampage mt small , but not as much rubber to turn as the stock mt tire.. rc dad...that's an attractive tire, but is like a wheel with some flash. Sucks about my tires. Bought them cause they said thee fit my tmaxx, and they won't mount my rims. 60 bucks in brand new tires and nothing to put them on..

G

The Trenchers are a good sized tire for the trucks.

redthomas

Whoa. Just read that...sorry it doesn't make any sense..I'd like something smaller, but not xt small. But not as much to turn as an mt. I like the tires you suggested, but I want a wheel with some flash. My mt came with the black rims.

rampagemt

Re: wheel selection for mt.

I have the black proline desperados with the beadlocks also and they are very nice. I like the way the wheel looks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts