• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

wheel axle breaks easy?

caveman

Iv read through this thread and good info here. I broke my left front cvd the other day and was wondering if any one put heat to the outer part of the cvd, the part that goes through the bearings.

RAMJET

I have noticed that most of the breakage is from hard landings , it may help to use lighter lube in the diffs . with the heavy lube in the diff when the truck lands on one wheel most of the force is applied to the diff cup on one side(just like having a spool)using lighter oil should allow the diff to unload through the other wheel , this will also help prevent the truck flipping on landings by allowing the wheels to accelerate quicker on landings .I found the diff and shock oil way to thick . I replaced all my shock and diff oils with lighter oil shortly after the first run , I have a couple of gallons with no problems yet . truck corners better now and the suspension actually works through the bumps, remember if the suspension does not absorb the shock the drive train will and this truck in stock form took the bumps sharply.I set my truck up soft enough so it squats slightly when it accelerates.stock it's like a plank of wood no wonder it breaks things. Roger

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts