• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheel Adapters on my Xb-e problem?

Gaz

Well I just had my first real bashing run today and after 5 min, guess what, bam lost a wheel! First thaught was i broke a cvd or something right, wrong. I pick up my wheel and I notice that the adapter's 2 allan screws are loose even after using blue lock tight. ( Rampage Adapter's ). Why? I thaught i really secured them properly. After it happened I also checked the other 3 and realized that they were also coming loose, even the nut's holding the wheel was loosening. I am by no means Bashing theses Adapters, just need some input as what I can do to solve my problem.

P.S. Rampage Adapters - only 2 allan screw's holding everything together.

7075's Adapter's - It may seem like more work but, first they screw in and second you have 4 allan screw's holding the wheel in place.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks.

G

Make sure the screws are on the axle flats. A set screw on the round part of the axle won't hold.

Tighten them down with red locktite. Let dry over night.

Gaz

Yeah, they were on the flats too. Isn't red lock tight hard to unscrew afterwards?

G

Gaz said:
Yeah, they were on the flats too. Isn't red lock tight hard to unscrew afterwards?
It is, but if you heat it up (soldering iron works good), they back right out.

G

Gaz said:
I appreciate having you answer me as often as you do :)
No problem man. Glad to help!

Gaz

Have you tried the 7075 Adapter's? I might try them as an alternative. Ty

RampageHopUps

Depending on how you are using them, you might need red loctite. If you are bashing hard offroad, then I would suggest red.

twissted

Banned

This will fix your problem as it did mine. It cost the same but there very nicely made. And here is the best part you don't need loc-tite!!!

Gaz

Not sure i understand, those are the ones i already have.

twissted

Banned
I'm doing a build, that uses these adapters. I also have the 7075rc adapters on my XBE that I bought a year ago. The 7075 pieces are a poor design. And it has small parts and lots of them. I would not use them again as there are better products out.

twissted

Banned
Gaz said:
Not sure i understand, those are the ones i already have.
I got that you have them. I'm saying that you should sell them and fit your problem with different adapters.

Gaz

Which other adapters are there for my 10mm axles? I would of guessed different about the 7075 Adapters, really?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Like I said I have used both adapters and both work flawlessly. They have different offsets, and that would be the only reason to choose one over the other.

G

That is because Redcat has two thread sizes on the axles. The 7075RC utilizes the threads.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts