• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheel Adapter & Tire Question

Dreggsta

Guys I have 2 questions.

1) I'm thinking bout buying hpi wheel adapters for my xt but i am worried they will push the tires out too far that they won't look right & that they'll expose too much of the hub. Pics & comments would be great.

2) I have the infamous flat tire foam situation. How do you separate the tire from the wheel. These are my 1st rc's since I was a kid & I have no idea.

Dreggsta

I think I see what's going on w/the wheel adapters. The xt wheel square drive is removed, the adapter is thread onto the axle, the hex is then set w/set screws & voila correct? What keeps the wheel nut from backing off tho?

RampageHopUps

On the RAMTech adapters, the wheel nut has a knurl on the back end, so it locks in place.

Ol' fart

+1 on the knurl.

Some people prefer the RAMTech adapters because they extend the wheel a little and they are top quality too.

The 7075 adapters use the nut or four screws to hold on a cap. They do not extend the wheel.

Dreggsta

ok fart. I am torn between which of your adapters to get. My xt wheels are tearing around the wheel nut. I want to be able to put a washer. Does your nut type adapter (not 4 bolt) enable the enclosed cap that that looks like it has like a washer attached to it?

Ol' fart

The standard HPI nut fits but some of the aftermarket nuts don't fit well. I think HPI makes there nuts a little oversized to allow for the buildup of the hard anodizing.If you want the flanged nut or the fully caped nut look you should go with RAMTech adapters

Dreggsta

Ol fart, it's not the look that I'm after, it's the function. I don't know how the wheel nuts & hpi type wheels are. All I know us that the xt wheels need a flat washer behind the wheel nut so that the nut doesn't bury into the soft wheel plastic. That's what I'm worried about preventing from happening on the hpi type wheels. Maybe it's a non-issue. I don't know. I have no idea.

The difference between between the ramtechs & the 7075's is that the 7075's keep the stock wheelbase & the ramtechs extend the width of the wheelbase correct? I know on automobiles & trucks that aftermarket wheels that have too much negative offset (same thing) that it is hard on axles & ball joints & especially bearings. I doubt these rc's are much different w/all the hard landings & flips & thrashings they take. Correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

It really is just personal preference. Both are great products and work without any issues.

I sent you a pm on why the wheel nut is not a problem with the adapters.

papaw

The last ones i had to do, i used pot of boiling water and soaked whole tire till i could peel it off. U Tube has vidios on differ ways to remove tires.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts