• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Whats up with XT wheels ?????

Triggerman77

Contributor
My New XT Tires were kinda soft when I got it. But Now 3 of the Tires Look and feel Flat and one feels firm still.. Its like the foam inside the tires is gone. ? IDK?? It really does NOT handle good like this either.

Has anyone else had this prob??? If so how did u fix it ????

I probably wont even run it any more till i fix it somehow. They are that bad!! :(

I thought about getting some knobby Buggy Tire and wheels. I would really like

to be able switch between stock XT's and Buggy wheels But these are Terrible.

PLEASE LMK your experience with the New XT tires?? Thanks

GTS 666

Page 1 of general discussions there is a thread started by demon were it says toasted Tyres in two tanks with his XB maybe the foam in your Xt has the same issuses where it just disintegrates. Can you pull your Tyres of the rims and pack in some better foam that may get you going maybe.

Triggerman77

Contributor
Tires are Glued Tight to the rim!!! I don't wanna rip the rubber. My buddy had one rip already. But Im gonna try

Obeast44

Banned
Triggerman77 said:
Tires are Glued Tight to the rim!!! I don't wanna rip the rubber. My buddy had one rip already. But Im gonna try
Boil the living crap out of them, took me almost 4 hours for all four tires. Now I gotta find a suitable foam insert.

laganm21

I cant believe that the Xt models don't have beadlocks rims, Oh the days of changing out nitro tires and gluing my fingers together only to have them seprate after about 4 tanks, it seems like that Xt are having major tires/rim issues with stripped wheel hexes and tires and foam not holding up?

JimmyJay

I have the same thing with my XT. The foams have gone to dust after 4 tanks thru it. The rubber has seperated from the rim in spots on all 4 tires too.

I don't have any issues with stripped wheel hexes though.

Triggerman77

Contributor
laganm21 said:
I cant believe that the Xt models don't have beadlocks rims, Oh the days of changing out nitro tires and gluing my fingers together only to have them seprate after about 4 tanks, it seems like that Xt are having major tires/rim issues with stripped wheel hexes and tires and foam not holding up?
Tell me about it !!! With a bigger engine and lighter frame!! For supposedly a better setup?????????? Foam inserts and Wheels are junk! I really Like the Tires!! just not Flat LOL !! I think they are the same tires thats on Redcats Avalanche XP 1/8 Scale Nitro powered MT. IMO Is Sad :(

With the size and weight of these Trucks Bead locks are a MUST.

I have no prob with hubs Just Flat POS Tires.

And yea i still have almost a Dozen Nitro Trucks and Super Gluing tires constantly SUXS !!!

Redcat should recall all these BS wheels on there 5th scale stuff and send out Beadlocks with Good Foam :D :D !!!!

LightForce

Triggerman77 said:
Tell me about it !!! With a bigger engine and lighter frame!! For supposedly a better setup?????????? Foam inserts and Wheels are junk! I really Like the Tires!! just not Flat LOL !! I think they are the same tires thats on Redcats Avalanche XP 1/8 Scale Nitro powered MT. IMO Is Sad :(
With the size and weight of these Trucks Bead locks are a MUST.

I have no prob with hubs Just Flat POS Tires.

And yea i still have almost a Dozen Nitro Trucks and Super Gluing tires constantly SUXS !!!

Redcat should recall all these BS wheels on there 5th scale stuff and send out Beadlocks with Good Foam :D :D !!!!
Its a entry level buggy .I sold my wheels new cause I knew I will dmage them on first day. Put 4 front stock baja wheels its lightweight combo and can get it off ebay for 40 bucks.

Triggerman77

Contributor
LightForce Please post a link to what u have if u will. Thanks

lumber38

Me too, the tires are very soft and the servo a hitech805 doesn't turn them unless theres momentum. The tires are almost too big for the front steering assembly, the steering assembly, i had loose spring and nut on it. I hope they come out with an alum upgrade.

DemonRC

lumber38 said:
Me too, the tires are very soft and the servo a hitech805 doesn't turn them unless theres momentum. The tires are almost too big for the front steering assembly, the steering assembly, i had loose spring and nut on it. I hope they come out with an alum upgrade.
Check out how I moved my servo and can now mount the linkage lower for more steering torque:

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5669

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts