• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Whats the big deal?

Obeast44

Banned
Obeast44 said:
I love wrenching as much as running, got a pretty good deal on it. About $150 in parts and itll be ready to roll. Just waiting on them from DDM.
I bought it like this:

1.jpg

When I get it done, I will post some pics of it. You will not believe the transformation.
Here is the finished pics right before I boxed her up and shipped it out to its new owner.

BajaSS023.jpg

BajaSS022.jpg

Ron E

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Here is the finished pics right before I boxed her up and shipped it out to its new owner.
BajaSS023.jpg

BajaSS022.jpg
looks great dude, as usual... you always do great work, I love the highly modded rampages you built for me.

35ccttpics008.jpg

35ccttpics012.jpg

also, i bought a 2wd 5th scale, obeast went thru it for me, just sold it... never even ran it. after running my 2 rampages and my mcd I have no desire to play with 2wd.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheNewbe

Contributor
Great job obeast! Did you just strip the anodizing off the parts? What are you using for it? Do you do anything to protect them afterwards?

Obeast44

Banned
TheNewbe said:
Great job obeast! Did you just strip the anodizing off the parts? What are you using for it? Do you do anything to protect them afterwards?
Thanks for the kind words :)

I stripped the ano off by using Drano crystals or greased lightning. Depending on the parts. The Drano is much quicker and is fine for large pieces like the chassis, shock towers, and arms. The greased lightning I use for the smaller pieces, as its a slower process. I use it when I want to be absolutely sure I do not damage the part by soaking too long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts