• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Whats the big deal?

TheNewbe

Contributor
I don't understand what the big deal is about the HPI Baja's or the sc. I mean come on they are only two wheel drive and for the price of one I can buy two Redcats! I love my XT and I couldn't see not having four wheel drive.

csp1971

Contributor
TheNewbe said:
I don't understand what the big deal is about the HPI Baja's or the sc. I mean come on they are only two wheel drive and for the price of one I can buy two Redcats! I love my XT and I couldn't see not having four wheel drive.
HPI was the first real large scale hit in the U.S., just my opinion though. TONS of aftermarket parts. I have my Baja for 4 years almost and love it, but I also love my two Redcats because the 4wd is SO much better than 2wd!

TheNewbe

Contributor
I've seen the huge aftermarket and I like the fact that they have a kit version but my eyes always go back to that huge beast of a MT:)

powerslave69

I gave in

TheNewbe said:
I hear ya, bro. But feeling so left out, I bought and waiting for my Baja 5B kit

without the motor coz' I'm going to mount a 62cc Skopod motor on it. just got tired of the Bajas' getting all the attention and all that nice hopups. But I will never abandon my XT though. I love my Ramp! I just want to find out what it's like to have all those endless lists of goodies for the Baja. Every time I walk into my room and look at my XT, I swear sometimes I feel like it's talking to me and saying "TRAITOR!! :D

Obeast44

Banned
powerslave69 said:
I hear ya, bro. But feeling so left out, I bought and waiting for my Baja 5B kit
I wish I had known you were looking for a 5b I could've cut you a helluva deal on a very nice roller :D

powerslave69

I'm listening

Obeast44 said:
I wish I had known you were looking for a 5b I could've cut you a helluva deal on a very nice roller :D
what do you mean?

powerslave69

I had enough of "Baja this...Baja that!!

Obeast44 said:
I agree 100% Demon!
I just wish the XT/XB/XBe had the aftermarket support the Baja has. Then it'd be untouchable.
I wonder if Darin would even consider what you just said. Frankly, even though I'm kinda excited receiving my 5B kit soon, I'm not as excited as I was waiting for my XT in the mail. I thought for the price of 2 XTs' I'm getting a 2 wheel drive low to the ground small wheeled basher which is not too appealing to me. there's just no substitute for a 4WD!! :) I know, let me start a thread and let see if we get enough vote then I'll send it to Darin. I know being a businessman myself, huge financial move like this would not be easy.

But let's try it anyway. I just feel bad almost everyday I read posts here, there's always someone trying to fit a baja part or hopups to a Ramper and I'm pretty sure you've seen this a lot. And that's just not right. We, as Rampers should have our own identity. My other XT pal asked where I got my air filter, reluctantly I replied "oh, it's for a Baja and I just did a few mod to make it fit" Now, what's wrong with this picture? :( :(

TheNewbe

Contributor
Thats the spirit power but imo it will take more than just Darin and Redcat to make it happen. We need more companies/people like Demon Rc and Rampage Hopups to jump in to. That way us Rampers (I like that term power :) ) can have the all the hopups and upgrades that are a direct fit for our models!

powerslave69

just do it

TheNewbe said:
Thats the spirit power but imo it will take more than just Darin and Redcat to make it happen. We need more companies/people like Demon Rc and Rampage Hopups to jump in to. That way us Rampers (I like that term power :) ) can have the all the hopups and upgrades that are a direct fit for our models!
well, let's get the ball rolling by sending those short notes to Darin. I'm going to hold off buying all these hopups for my 5B while waiting for my kit. For some reason, now I'm starting to doubt my hasty decision to buy that kit which could be better spent upgrading my XT. but the skopod 62cc motor was such a lure and could not resist.

powerslave69

good call

DemonRC said:
Let me rephrase that:
:)
I love that demon!! :D hey I started this thread, please read it when you get a chance.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5837

and let's shift this thread into high gear and go on viral mode. I was gonna ask you and/or Rob of Rampage Hopups if it would be possible for you guys to fabricate a conversion kit to mount a Skopod 62cc motor to my XT? Having second thought about building my 5B kit with this motor soon as it arrives. Can't imagine driving a 2WD truck. it just not an MT/XT. A friend is willing to buy this kit off me if I let him make payments on it. My 62cc motor is coming shortly, but the conversion kit is $398. If I'm going to spend that much for an engine mount, I'd rather have it sitting on my XT and with your belt drive, OH MAN! now we're talking some serious shredding! :D

Obeast44

Banned
powerslave69 said:
what do you mean?
I have a highly modified baja 5b roller that I will probably be selling in a few weeks. I would have sold it way cheaper than a stock one. :D

Also out of the install kit all you'd need is the clutch housing. The other pieces are baja specific.

Last edited by a moderator:

powerslave69

absolutely

Obeast44 said:
I agree 100% Demon!
I just wish the XT/XB/XBe had the aftermarket support the Baja has. Then it'd be untouchable.
And this is what this thread is all about. If we join forces, some, if not all hopup manufacturers might listen and consider fabricating our own Ramp hopups and not settle for a modified Baja upgrades so it would fit our Ramps.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5837

powerslave69

too late

Obeast44 said:
I have a highly modified baja 5b roller that I will probably be selling in a few weeks. I would have sold it way cheaper than a stock one. :D
Wish I had known you have a modified 5B, but as it stands, my kit is coming and my old lady doesn't even know that I'm seriously contemplating selling it when it gets here or she would wring my neck. I made her a deal to stop upgrading my XT if I can get my 5B project started. My sister bought me a Skopod 62cc motor for my birthday and the plan was I'm going to mount it on my 5B , but I just can't seem to grasp the idea of bashing a 2WD. It's like night and day. so a friend will buy my kit if I let him make payments on it. And I will keep saving my money and max out my uprgades on my XT gradually as they all become available. The engine conversion kit for the 5B is just a few pennies short of $400 and I thought if I'm willing to spend that much on a conversion kit I'd rather have it sitting on my XT. and with DemonRC's belt drive and now he's talking about a 2 speed tranny (if it's not already available) can you imagine what my XT would be capable of! :D and at the same time shut up this cocky dude here in our town who got a highly modified 5B with a 62cc motor on it.

powerslave69

why?

Obeast44 said:
Also out of the install kit all you'd need is the clutch housing. The other pieces are baja specific.
May I ask why you're selling it?

Obeast44

Banned
powerslave69 said:
at the same time shut up this cocky dude here in our town who got a highly modified 5B with a 62cc motor on it.
Wanna shut the guy up? Setup a track...it won't be long after that he will. :D

I wish you lived closer, I would be happy to embarrass that 62 guy for ya. Straight line drag, braking, cornering, top speed, lap times, you name it. All because of what its in. Slap that same motor in your XT and well the baja guy would be: :mad:

I will send ya a PM with some info about the 62. I considered it a while back just for shits and giggles.

Obeast44

Banned
powerslave69 said:
May I ask why you're selling it?
I love wrenching as much as running, got a pretty good deal on it. About $150 in parts and itll be ready to roll. Just waiting on them from DDM.

I bought it like this:

1.jpg

When I get it done, I will post some pics of it. You will not believe the transformation. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts