• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What's Next?

Top Jimmy

I just picked up a Dominator "clone" for an Baja and retrofit it to my XT. It REALLY woke it up! Now I need to retune my carb. The truck seems to flatten out on top end. Moves like a banshee off the line. I don't think the 8,000 RPM clutch is necessary. What do you guys typically recommend after the pipe, if anything? I look forward to ALL of the responses!

Thanks Guys!

Keith81

I would do the clutch spring, it does help it alot off the line... along with a nice air filter and stack, and as Gabe said, the walbro 990 is a great carb, I have them on both my OBR engines!

Top Jimmy

Are picking up a better hole shot with the Walbro? Is it easier to tune? As for the clutch spring, did you do the spring with the Redcat shoes, or the entire assembly? The truck takes off 100 times better with just the pipe. How much better will it be with the carb? or the clutch spring? or both? ALL input is GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks Again.

Top Jimmy

I'll snap a few pics of the pipe and post them later.It is a rear pipe, so I'm gonna either modify the rear bumper or "create" a cage extension to protect it.

Deluge

The XT comes with a 668. Well, a 668 clone, anyway. And 668's tend to bog a little. I haven't noticed any bog with the 990, and throttle response feels smoother.

If you swap the clutch spring, it'll hit harder off the line.

G

The stock carbs for some people have had issues holding a good tune. Its kinda hit or miss. You will notice a difference.

Top Jimmy

My stock carb seems to be fully operational.I had the 8000 rpm clutch installed today @ the LHS. Cost me a few $$$ for them to do it, but I was able to drop it off during work and pick it up after work. VERY Convenient! Thanks Orlando!!! Another forum member was there and suggested I switch the 2 most outer gears to gain speed, so I did. Any of you guys try this? results? I'll report back my findings later.Still waiting for my 10 year old to snap some pics of my Dominator Clone pipe. Next upgrade: HPI air filter. Then HPI Hubs, and I think I'll be all set. Oh Yeah.. maybe a Bug body.

G

Your top speed will be higher, but your off the line and acceleration will be compromised.

It's like taking off in 5th gear.

Top Jimmy

RC Dad,

You nailed it deead-on. It won't win any drag races now, but the top end is better. I think I'm going back to the original settings!

Top Jimmy said:
My stock carb seems to be fully operational.I had the 8000 rpm clutch installed today @ the LHS. Cost me a few $$$ for them to do it, but I was able to drop it off during work and pick it up after work. VERY Convenient! Thanks Orlando!!! Another forum member was there and suggested I switch the 2 most outer gears to gain speed, so I did. Any of you guys try this? results? I'll report back my findings later.Still waiting for my 10 year old to snap some pics of my Dominator Clone pipe. Next upgrade: HPI air filter. Then HPI Hubs, and I think I'll be all set. Oh Yeah.. maybe a Bug body.
That would be me...yea the clone pipe you had look preety sweet and sounded good..i heard it when Orlando was rev in the track room and with switching gears top end does pick up but then again i don't race i just like to have fun with it and watch its power go to work. i currently have the xcan on and it moves along preety nicely, my jetpro should be here by thursday, i'll make some speed passes and try to get them loaded up with the differences..

thomas

my opinion on the gear swap is as long as you put a little more power behind it it s great i went with the 30.5cc 5.5hp OBR motor and still can spin all 4 off the line but my drive line is taking a beating any input on stronger cups and dog bones would be great

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts