• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Whats it worth?

chucked

Looking to part with my rampage...

Started out as a TT v1

DDM 26.9cc race port head kit

DDM dominator side pipe

Walbro wt-813 carburetor

Hitec digital steering servo

Ace 1015 throttle/brake servo

Redcat upgrade kit

8000 RPM stall clutch

HPI Baja air filter

Aluminum steering mounts

Aluminum hub carrier

Aluminum gear plate

Futaba 3pm 2.4ghz radio

Proline truck body

HPI 5t wheel conversion (hubs, tires, rims)

Its in good shape, nothing wrong with it. Engine has great compression, has about 3-4 gallons through it.

What do you guys think its worth?

yolonda21

Contributor
Chuckie your the pro, but I wouldnt spend more then a few hundred on a used Redcat.........hope this helps ya buddy.......I thought you were a boat guy now???

chucked

I have it listed for $800 as it sits. If I can't get that, or close to it. I won't sell it.

yolonda21

Contributor
chucked said:
I have it listed for $800 as it sits. If I can't get that, or close to it. I won't sell it.
Ebay old boy?........Well good luck, but you can buy a new one for $650..... :)

chucked

Does a new one come with a ddm dominator? What about a Futaba 3pm? What about a 5000 mah receiver back and digital servos? Not mentioning the other $800 or so worth of parts.

yolonda21

Contributor
chucked said:
Does a new one come with a ddm dominator? What about a Futaba 3pm? What about a 5000 mah receiver back and digital servos? Not mentioning the other $800 or so worth of parts.
I'm sure DDM will be dumping them with pipes again.....as for the rest like i said its a used Redcat, used rc's in general go for less then 50% of new at best.....sorry to break your little heart Chuckie ol' boy...♥

fastlane

Team Driver
yolonda21 said:
Ebay old boy?........Well good luck, but you can buy a new one for $650..... :)
yeah but it ain't set up like mine that new one. OBR engine is way better used than a new cy 23cc but I guess you'll break another heart and tell me mine is worthless too hu?

yolonda21

Contributor
I never said they are worthless.......I've got 2 of them, use them every weekend, but I don't think they are worth more then a few hundred bucks each used and all......IMO that it.....Wheres your listed Chuckie?

chucked

Craigslist. And like I said, I don't care if I sell it, but if I did the money would go towards a shed I'm building.

chucked

And also... I still work at the local hobby shop. I bet I can take it in there, push it and have it sold fairly quickly.

yolonda21

Contributor
chucked said:
Craigslist. And like I said, I don't care if I sell it, but if I did the money would go towards a shed I'm building.
Got a link for us Chuckie?

fastlane

Team Driver
chucked said:
And also... I still work at the local hobby shop. I bet I can take it in there, push it and have it sold fairly quickly.
That's a good idea maybe Cajun RC could help me sell mine. Beat of luck to ya.

IMADMAN

Got any of the stock parts, wheels,tires, elecs, D/T pieces?- Id so consider putting those back on and sell the other up's separately. Say $500-580.00 for the truck w/ upgraded head,clutch. The radio you can get $100-$130.00, pipe $75-$100.00, 5T wheel set-up-$125-$150.00, servos $100.00, body $50.00-?

Either way good luck w/ the sale.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Even though it may be hard to sale for $800 with new ones coming in with radios and a new lower price. I still think large scale RC's hold their value a little better than the couple hundred bucks that has been talked about.

I think $400 - $700 for hopped up rampages is not unreasonable.

I paid $275 for a mostly stock one with no radio / pipe and some spares a few months ago. It was a great deal ( Thanks Kryptonite )

So with some upgrades they are worth some more.

I give $240 from Imadman for just some of a roller without wheels six - 8 months ago. it was OK deal too but the used market was a little less crowded then and still hard to find used. I feel that would be high today with more used choices.

hamster huey

This is what I would expect it would cost to build this package used

TT V1 base chassis + upgrade kit + alum steer mounts, hub carrier, gear plate 350

DDM 26.9cc race port head kit + 8k springs + whole motor w/813 100

DDM dominator side pipe 80

Hitec digital steering servo 40

Ace 1015 throttle/brake servo 18

HPI Baja air filter 13

Futaba 3pm 2.4ghz radio 95

Proline truck body 75

HPI 5t wheel conversion (hubs, tires, rims) 100

Total 871 parted out

Total as a package 700 to 771

If I was interested in it I would change servos, headkit, bearings, and RX batt to my liking but those items are cheap so I would say its worth $700 to 771 as a complete package.

But there would also be selling fees and shipping to consider depending on where you sell it so the $ leftover for you would be less.

However as stated everyone knows with any hopped up RC you get more $ parting it out

Are you selling it for sure any where else besides craigslist? Id be interested but I ordered a V3 about a week ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts