• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What the blip! RPM surge-video

Group,

So recently my RampMT is doing this thing that I guess you can call RPM surge...

This only happens when I apply the brakes as to stop the trk and then when I release the brakes, the rpms shoot up.

I need help. :eek:

Thank you in advance.

Here is the video. It is about 33 seconds long. I guess this forum will not let you post video... If you click on the "pic," it will prompt you to open or save it. I promise you is a video and no trojan garbage.

Thanks again for your help.

th_6896C1C2-8E1B-4EF7-9E92-780594302E61-2634-000001E296BBA909_zpsf8239634.jpg

rampagemt

Re: What the blip! RPM surge-video

Do you have tank vented? Also check for air leaks

G

No biggie dude.

Watching the video I can see your linkage binding. As you let go of the brakes the servo centers. The throttle linkage is pushing on the carbs throttle. Loosen the screw that holds the throttle linkage to the servo arm. That should resolve the issue.

G

Click on the image. It should open up the photobucket page. You can then play it from there.

G

Xicaque said:
Group,So recently my RampMT is doing this thing that I guess you can call RPM surge...

This only happens when I apply the brakes as to stop the trk and then when I release the brakes, the rpms shoot up.

I need help. :eek:

Thank you in advance.

Here is the video. It is about 33 seconds long. I guess this forum will not let you post video... If you click on the "pic," it will prompt you to open or save it. I promise you is a video and no trojan garbage.

Thanks again for your help.

Did you get it figured out?

Hey RCDAD!

I have not had the time at the moment. Work won't let me play with my toys.

I looked at the video and I think you are on it. The section closer to the servo seems to drag... I hope to be off tomorrow and I will try to get to it. I will post the findings.

Thanks for the help.

Rob

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts