• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What pipe are you running?

Clubin

Banned
For now I am going to run the can that came on my MT. I know my ONB 27.2 is not going to like the can though.

But does it look like any of the side pipe's will fit?

Z

ZielkeRacing

Side mount dominator, 2 tanks anyway but nice power! Sounds good too!

Last edited:

Clubin

Banned
mooman007uk said:
You'd be best off running an FG can if you got one laying around, more volume than the redcat one, I think they're a heli can. On my MT before my dom I ran one and it moved along real good with the ONB ported 28.5
I do have a couple FG cans I will mount one up and try it before I dish out for a pipe.

Clubin

Banned
FG can will not fit, it is just too large and it hits the rear roll cage.

Are there any pipes that others of you may have that fit? Post a picture if you can.

flint mann

flint mann said:
Had to do it!!! broke out my 2x and took the pipe off the tt and put it on for fitment purposes. It will work with out any Xport but it has the same problem as it does with the TT it sticks way out and would have to mod the bumper and mount for the cage on the 2X. AS long as I was checking pipes, I tried all the other pipes I own as well. It looks like the HPI tuned pipe will fit with little or no modding. RD logics Sprint modded header will fit as well as the unmodded header, again with little or no modding. The rear dom will work without any mods but it would probably be nicer with them.
I was in a groove so I didn't take any pics

flint mann

The rear DOM v1 will work without any mods but it would probably be nicer with them. I didn't check to see if the bumper will go on with the rear DOM. Anybody want to donate pipes so I can "check" their fitment lol :D

Clubin

Banned
flint mann said:
Anybody want to donate pipes so I can "check" their fitment lol :D
I second that. lol

It would be nice to know what fits and what it looks like.

flint mann

I decided to run my RD logics pipe. It almost touches the rear bumper but fits in nicely. With a medium x-port it would probably clear the rear bumper but stick out thus negating the protection of the cage and bumper. The only mod I had to do is lift the rear of the cage a little. I made and put in some risers. There are a couple folks producing risers, Modified-RC and Bigkel Kustom Kreations out of the UK, Monsterman has some of Bigkel's sets. These are made for the HPI Baja so I don't know if they are plug and play or not. I am going to try to get a set of the Bigkel ones to see if they fit. If they don't they will go on my baja. Pics to follow as soon as the sun comes up

13may0179.jpg

13may0180.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

flint mann

Right now I am running the "hornet" by GBE on my 4X4 and a CPI on my 2X4. I had to mod the rear bumper for the GBE and make a spacer mod for the CPI mounting bracket I also raised the wing mount on both buggies.

laganm21

HPI SS pipe for me works great, cheap and just a little mod of the header and she slides right in lol ( that what she said )

LEADFOOT

dominator tuned pipe

got my Rampage Dune Runner in the mail today.

..my question right now is, - what pipe should put on The Baja Dune Runner??

I have a Daves Dominator that I ordered for my Rampage TT

and I have a Redcat tuned pipe that is currently on the TT.

...also, I don't even know yet if the Dominator will fit the Baja

.. thanks for any help

I just started in 1/5 scale a little bit ago.

I am 68 years old,

so I always appreciate the new tech. :)

thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts