• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What do you think of these tires for my xb

Dreggsta

those look good man. nice height for them. i bought some nobbies for my son's xt-b. they are 6.75". a lil shorter than stock but since he has a stock pipe ( ijust put my 990 on his buggy tho) the shorter tires & lighter weight should give him a sort of gear reduction to help him get going.

oh, i never heard back from nology. i even spammed every department they had for a response lol. i don't know what'd be so hard to reply that a wire could be done that's booted on one end & raw on the other. maybe you should hit them up too @ nology.com.

G

There a nice scale looking tire and grip well. I have a set for the 5ive.

Motakitty

Thanks for the replies, I'm looking at the proline trenchers but they might be a tad too tall. My stock tires almost hit my side pipe as it is on the left rear so in trying to find a tire with similar design and I'm going to get the ramtech adapters to widen the stance a bit so that will help

Dreggsta

the only thing stopping me frome getting the trenchers (from what i have seen in vids & from what i have read, i don't have 1st hand experience) is that they grip the hard surfaces better than the loose & will cause roll overs. not bad but not my style. i like to be able to break traction on hard surfaces which is why i went the nobby route. just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Motakitty

True, I'm into drifting so I would like a tire that will grip but can drift in the loose stuff, I'm sort of liking the hostile all terrain but I've always been a fan of proline and I just bash so id like to go proline

G

Those RC4WD tires are a bit shorter than the Trenchers but are much taller than the XB tires. If hight is an issue I would stick to a 5b sized tire.

The Proline Bowties are a good compromise. Good grip but you can still break them loose.

Motakitty

RCDAD said:
I've had a set. Those are shorter since they are the 5b size.
How were they? I'm looking for a good tire that has good grip but I can still break em loose that is about the same height as the stock xb tires

G

I sold them before I had the chance to run them. I changed my XSC project mid build.

All the 5b tires are taller than stock.

Last edited:

Dreggsta

from what i've seen the ramtech's have the square drive w/the hex right next to it. my ramtech's should be in tomorrow so i'll confirm it then but i'd have to say it's be like putting a hex right next to the square drive.

G

Motakitty said:
How much do the ramtech adapter widen the stance?
It will widen the stance just under an inch. That's mounting points. Different wheel offsets will change it as well.

Motakitty

Thanks thats kinda what I thought. I'm thinking of going with the desperado proline wheels front and rear with the proline bow ties so I should have clearance for my side pipe

Stygian

Banned
Motakitty said:
Thanks thats kinda what I thought. I'm thinking of going with the desperado proline wheels front and rear with the proline bow ties so I should have clearance for my side pipe
Good choice I have 4 front and it looks awesome ddm has them for $66/pair I also bought my adapters from rcdad and they were really cheap too and work great

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.