• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What can I upgrade for more speed and power?

ChuenouXiao

Note that I have the following listed:

-Jetpro rear pipe

-RCdad pulley kit with MT plate and bearings

-OBR 5.5 Pro stock Zen engine

I have other small accessories upgraded but I don't think it matters regarding speed so I didn't list them. So What else could I do to make my XB faster? Engine air filter?

Deluge

A different air filter won't increase speed or power. You have a good engine and a good pipe. Gearing would be your next option.

Ildy666

Did u install a 8000 rpm clutch spring for better acceleration?

brio

Deluge said:
A different air filter won't increase speed or power. You have a good engine and a good pipe. Gearing would be your next option.
+1 and the 8k RPM clutch spring will def increase off the line acceleration. Also. If you haven't already, a WT-990 carb will give you more fuel flow with that engine. I had the same engine in my XT and it was geared 35-25-25-25 & it screamed at top end. U will see a bit of decrease in low end acceleration with that gearing.

Ildy666

The throttle shafts have issues not the pumps.I believe performance should be the same 813 vs. 990 .i have a 990 but it came out after 813.I have friends with 813 & they have no problems.so your choice...but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

alfred e numan

faster spool up with lighter tires-rims.

If you are raceing up-down the pavement and have wheel adaptors to fit HPI rims- try these- 4 front GRP easy medium compound tires-wheels. Team go nad has then. or- check out fg supply in LA, CA. they stock F-1 tires there also- not certan they will fit. ---- yea-the GRPs are built to fit HPI. sayy-I only misspelled 1 word this time?

Ruffy

I have about 8 hours researching the pros and cons of the 813 VS the 990 Walbro. What i came up with is the 813 has issues and the 990 is flawless. Plus you can get the 990 for around 35$ on some sites. Daves motors has a nice V stack that has a built in choke as well because nor 990 and 813 has a choke. 990 hands down!

I have 2 MT's one has the 8k spring and other has stock 6k spring. The 8K is a nice improvement. And only around 9$ for the upgrade. I would order new clutches when you get the springs and they come in a set but you only need 1.

As for speed try different gearing or wait 2-3 more months for the deamon 2 speed trans. I just emailed them and they said it would be ready soon like 2-3 months hopefully.

It seems you have all good upgrades already! You are like my friend that is never satisfied no matter how much HP it has haha. I think my almost stock 30.5 MT motor is more then enough for the track. Also another factor you have to think about is balancing them huge tires the right way or getting low profile tires for the high speeds. As for stock my MT tires flair up and I wouldn't want to see it go much faster then it already does.

Deluge

A velocity stack with a built in choke is a magnet for air leaks. Starting without a choke really isn't that hard. Just needs a few extra pulls to fire it up.

ChuenouXiao

brio said:
+1 and the 8k RPM clutch spring will def increase off the line acceleration. Also. If you haven't already, a WT-990 carb will give you more fuel flow with that engine. I had the same engine in my XT and it was geared 35-25-25-25 & it screamed at top end. U will see a bit of decrease in low end acceleration with that gearing.
I have just the stock 6k clutch from OBR but I do have the 990 carb :D Might install the 8k clutch. The 8k just gives me more torque? How about top end speed overall?

ChuenouXiao

alfred e numan said:
If you are raceing up-down the pavement and have wheel adaptors to fit HPI rims- try these- 4 front GRP easy medium compound tires-wheels. Team go nad has then. or- check out fg supply in LA, CA. they stock F-1 tires there also- not certan they will fit. ---- yea-the GRPs are built to fit HPI. sayy-I only misspelled 1 word this time?
Do you have the link? What kind of compound? I was thinking about ordering myself some HPI sprint tires.... I notice they make my brother in law's XB more agile and a bit more faster....

Last edited by a moderator:

TKDCOMPUTERS

if you are running off-road don't use v-stack with choke, you will suck dirt in your motor. if you are looking for more top speed you have to change gear ratio. change your air filter to something like a k&n cone filter. Bottom line more fuel and more air means more power.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
K&N style filters aren't recommended for off road use. Dirt will get through.
I'm running my stock filter :D Its good enough for me... I'm interested in the OBR filter... they looks nice.... and very professional. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts