• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Weekend Rebuild

noyb98098

Hey All-

So I spent all day Saturday rebuilding the MT, new chassis, alloy parts, new enginge etc. I get done with it on Sun morning take it out to fire it up to get a few test runs in and first thing I notice is that the new fuel tank is leaking at the top (never had that problem before) same rubber plug as the old one (which had to be replaced because my sprintdom came loose and melted the top portion of it). Second thing is that the darn thing wont start I kept the original carb which was fine but the engine is this http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.995/.f any ideas why a brand new engine wouldn't start? :confused: I hope I missing something really dumb..But I had this happen once before with a engine from DDM and they were quick to replace as usual but I don't wanna take it apart if I don't have to.

Thanks,

laganm21

I just installed this motor on my Buddy's T this weekend and it came out of this box with loose screws and a big dent it the stock exhaust can, witch don't matter because i don't used that exhaust anyways, but after i installed the motor and my buddy fired it up and drove it around for about 5min it locks up, come to find out that the clutch it came with they never tighten the screws to the clutch plate just hand tight and the screw backed out into the clutch bell locking it up, so i was not very happy but after that it runs good, As for your problem just go over the motor real good and make sure every thing is tight from what Ive seen your coil could of just backed out of spec, go thought it real good and check your carb setting and make sure there a factory specs

forist

Contributor
Congrats on the new motor I bet it fly's with it. Post up a Video of it please would like to see how it runs with that motor in it. Thx u and have fun

noyb98098

Finally got a chance to get the Ramp MT up to full speed on a soccer field today (Vid's coming soon), the new engine is CRAZY fast the MT is almost scarey when it's coming at you while going full throttle. Had a problem yesterday when doing runs around the parking lot, the engine locked up (so I thought) and shut off. Went to move the truck but it was stuck in place, took it back home to only discover that my new metal gears had became locked in place, have removing one a piece of a tooth fell off and the gears began to move again. I promptly removed the gear cover thinking heat may have been some type of issues and havent had any problems since. Aside from that the new engine is great... The newly upgraded MT is sweet! :cool:

fastlane

Team Driver
I thought I was the only one that was freaked out by a 35 to 45 mph 35lb monster comin at me. It's good to know I'm not alone. LOL!

DemonRC

I've tackled myself with a flying Baja before. It felt like a 350 pound linebacker hitting me. I wouldn't like to find out what a MT feels like.

Take a look at 1:50 in the video. That hurt me bad.

DemonRC

noyb98098 said:
Ouch.... :eek: But your son has some skill! Little guy looks serious about his RC'ng! :)
Ya you should see him with my Baja. He skillfully T-Bones all my buddies. Ask Basher the next time he pokes his head in here. He's got a dent in his side VRC pipe to prove it. I jumped his case for doing it and he put on this frown and quitly said, "Wellllllll... why did he stop in front of me?". That's the comments I get when he rams my Rampage.... "Daddy... MOVE!" I want to put him on a track but I don't think I can afford to replace other people's broken cars.

kryptonite

damn. that kid is no joke!! he's all about the "win". you goto get some full vid of him man handling that machine. what is he like.. 5?

max 1

Kids Pretty Dag God I Wish My Grand Son Was In To It Like That,

kryptonite

catchaser said:
6 now. Here's a vid of him running my Muggy when he was 4.
thats so funny. i was always objective to little kids playing with this kind of stuff. its easy to see them get out of control and not know what to do, but that little man gets inches from the fence with complete control. must have had some good guidence. way to go dad! makes me kind of wish i had a kid

DemonRC

The secret behind him driving decently is called a Savage 25 :) LMAO. No really. He drove that thing non stop and never once broke it. I would have to buy up to a gallon and a half of nitro a week to keep up.

hamster huey

That was too cool. Its nice to see you give your son a chance to try something like that to see if he likes it. Alot of parents wouldnt do that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts