• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Waterproof servos?

Mike4130

I received a replacement servo today from Redcat for my MT and it has a "Waterproof" sticker on it. I didn't know these servo's were waterproof. Are all of the factory steering servos waterproof?

I would love to wash the truck down (I know I have to keep the battery box dry) but I worry about getting the servos wet and destroying them.

G

I wouldn't bother installing it.

Does it look different? Most servos are not waterproof.

alfred e numan

you may or may not know this, so, here goes.-- the servo cases have 2 small O-rings sealing the cases, fairly H2o proof. its a good ides to dab a bit of silicone sealer where the servos control wires enter the rubber lower case grommet. not much you can do about the servos output shaft area, except perhaps wrappping something around this shaft when you clean it. just try to avoid a direct shot of water or solvent. R-C dad showed me where to buy a new on-off switch with a rubber cover. this is a big +++ this switch is in direct line o fire from the front tires, and will fill up with water as you wash the car-truck-- bought it via killer r-c? pretty certan thats the place.

Mike4130

I will treat it as if it wasn't. I know it's just a matter of time until it fails anyways. I'll be ordering some Hitec's soon. This will just have to keep me on the road until then...

blak__jak

I was at the LHS the other day and their new shipment of m/t's had the same servos in them. all were marked waterproof. I don't know that I would trust them to be. think i'd let someone else test that.

G

blak__jak said:
I was at the LHS the other day and their new shipment of m/t's had the same servos in them. all were marked waterproof. I don't know that I would trust them to be. think i'd let someone else test that.
It nice to see changes. We all know the servos are due for a bit of improvement.

Did the throttle / brake servo look different as well?

blak__jak

to tell ya the truth I didn't notice. the sticker on the steering servo just caught my eye as being different. i'll have to check it out better next time.

BertR

The throttle/break servo's are not as tough as the steering servo's..that we all can agree on. I have taken my pig to the carwash several times and hell and back twice all in a year and 4 months and the stock steering servo is still kickin...Is it luck? Maybe! anyway I dip my boat servo's in plasti-dip with a dab of grease on the top and walla.. it's more water proof than what it was.

G

a year and 4 months and the stock steering servo is still kickin
Better knock on wood. ;)

Hope ya didn't just jinks yourself. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts